Trivia Buffs Needed for New Show

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

Trivia Buffs Needed for New Show

Post by hollandstriplincasting »

Hello Quizbowlers! I am looking for trivia buffs for a new gameshow!! Please do not think this is spam. I assure you I am a real person and am casting real people for this gameshow. I felt like your forum was a good place to start, however you must be 18+ years old to apply for the show. Please see details below.

WIN BIG MONEY ON A NEW PRIME-TIME NETWORK GAME SHOW!

If you’ve spent years watching game shows, yelling at the television “everyone knows the answer to that!â€
Ms. Holland Striplin, Casting Director
DUEL - a Trivia Based Gameshow
[email protected]
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Is questionable gameshow spam a relatively new addition to the board, or has it been going on long before my time?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

Trivia gameshow info is NOT spam!

it's NOT spam, I promise. Please call me to verify. I work with Rocket Science Laboratories, a production company in LA. You can see my casting credits at IMDB.com (search Holland Striplin). I am real, this is NOT spam!!!
[email protected]
gonzagaeagleahy
Wakka

Post by gonzagaeagleahy »

Is there a certain date you have to be 18 by?
Kevin Leahy, the Bringer of Sin
Gonzaga College H.S. '08
Georgetown '12
ieppler
Rikku

Post by ieppler »

best signature ever
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

Ms. Striplin, if you want real results, I would suggest posting more details about your show. I, like many others, would be interested if I knew more.

Is this another Grand Slam?
Jeopardy?
Lingo?
Hollywood Squares?
Blockbusters?

P.S. If you can answer yes to 1, 2, or 5, you'll have more interest.
Bigfoot isn't the pr
Wakka

Post by Bigfoot isn't the pr »

Well, it seems like Rocket Science Laboratories brought us such high-quality shows as:
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
Temptation Island
Joe Millionaire
Trading Spouses
Married by America
and perhaps most interesting..."Invasion of the Hidden Cameras"

So this may be legit, but at the same time, did anyone else see "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance"?
Rob Poirier
CSW 07'
President of University of Delaware Academic Competition Club
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Susan »

No Sollositing On Premise
Tidus

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

[quote="Variety"]“Duelâ€
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

answers to questions

The article from Variety should give you a bit of a better idea of what we are doing. The trivia questions are in categories across the board (pop culture, history, geography, politics, science, etc). I apologize Cornfused but I am not familiar with some of the shows you mentioned. It is similar to Jeopardy but with elements of risk taking/gambling involved (see Variety article). You need to be 18 this month. And as for the comment on the other shows produced by RSL...those were reality shows...this is a gameshow, Big difference.

We are looking for intellects, trivia lovers, game lovers, gameshow lovers, enthusiastic and energetic people that would love to take some risks and show off their trivia knowledge in order to win a lot of money on this gameshow!

I hope this helps :) Please feel free to call me with questions.
[email protected]
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

What are we talking payout-wise...?
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

what are we talking about payout wise?...

The network has not yet released the exact amount...but think BIG JACKPOT! HUGE MONEY! You would find that out as you move forward in the casting process.
[email protected]
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: what are we talking about payout wise?...

Post by AKKOLADE »

hollandstriplincasting wrote:The network has not yet released the exact amount...but think BIG JACKPOT! HUGE MONEY! You would find that out as you move forward in the casting process.
Will it be more or less than $30?
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

$30, really??

IF you win then it will be much much much more than $30 but if you do not than I cannot guarantee that, obviously.
[email protected]
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I am from West Virginia, so I wanted to make sure that this would meet the minimum amount of money involved to make it worth my while.

But a serious question - I noticed that your production company is in L.A. Is that the only location where auditions will be held, or will it be more of a traveling thing a la Jeopardy!?
The Goffman Prophecies
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Post by The Goffman Prophecies »

Somewhat unrelated, but Ms. Striplin, you might want to have someone take a look at your website. http://www.rocketsciencelabs.com appears to be non-functional.
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

auditions

IF you are in the vicinity of Los Angeles and can come in to our West Hollywood offices for an interview then I can set that up. IF you live outside CA then they can either attend one of our casting calls or send in a home audition tape. On the audition tape you would include things like who you are, what you do, and why you would be the perfect contestant for the show (I would give you exact instructions once I have spoken to you and have received the requested info via email).
[email protected]
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

casting calls

the casting calls will likely be in IL, NC, GA, and NV but dates and venues are not set at this time.
[email protected]
Bigfoot isn't the pr
Wakka

Re: casting calls

Post by Bigfoot isn't the pr »

hollandstriplincasting wrote:the casting calls will likely be in IL, NC, GA, and NV but dates and venues are not set at this time.
Any chance of something in the Northeast?
Rob Poirier
CSW 07'
President of University of Delaware Academic Competition Club
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

website and locations for castings

Looks like we are going to be heading to Dayton, OH (Chicago area), Orlando, FL and Vegas. So if you are not in those areas then please contact me BY EMAIL and I will let you know how to submit a tape.

As far as the website goes...I'm not sure why but I don't think there is an actual website for the company. You can see our credits at IMDB.com though.
[email protected]
JohnAndSlation
Wakka

Post by JohnAndSlation »

Do you have dates set yet?
Brigette Demke, ex-Maine South
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

Dates for castings

No dates are set yet but it will likely be the weekend of Nov 2. Have all of you guys that are posting questions applied yet??? Would love to get emails with your interest asap!!

thanks,
hs
[email protected]
Nine-Tenths Ideas
Auron

Post by Nine-Tenths Ideas »

I believe my father sent you an email regarding this.

Unfortunately, we don't live near any of the 3 aforementioned cities. Any chance you could go to the DC MEtro area? You'd get a lot of interest there. If not, please instruct us on the "video" process.

[Hope this is real.]
Isaac
Isaac Hirsch
University of Maryland '14
Never Gonna Play Again
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

send info

Hi Issac! could you please send me the requested information to my email account? thanks!
[email protected]
vandyhawk
Tidus

Re: website and locations for castings

Post by vandyhawk »

hollandstriplincasting wrote:Looks like we are going to be heading to Dayton, OH (Chicago area)
What happened to the state of Indiana?

A serious question though - I was on an episode of Super Millionaire in May '04 but never made it into the hot seat - am I eligible for your show? Thanks.
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: website and locations for castings

Post by the return of AHAN »

hollandstriplincasting wrote:Looks like we are going to be heading to Dayton, OH (Chicago area),
Wait a sec, does this quote mean you will be in the Chicago area, in addition to Dayton, or do you consider Dayton to be part of the Chicago area?
If it's the latter, that would be like considering Las Vegas to be a part of the San Diego metro area, or Hartford, CT to be part of the Baltimore/Washington DC region, because those city pairs have roughly the same drive time as Chicago to Dayton.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

For similar reasons, I guess we can now assume that geography will not in fact be covered on your show.

These threads always are borderline AHAN.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

more answers

Hello again! If you are interested I prefer that you email me and ask me questions relevant to your personal situation.

When we are casting shows we generally consider the "casting area" to be anywhere within about a 4-5 hour drive from our casting call location, and therefore consider Dayton to be in the Chicago area. Most people that really are enthusiastic about being on shows that I am casting will make the commitment and make the drive. I understand this is not always possible for each person which is why we also allow home audition tape submissions.

As far as past gameshow appearances...

If you have appeared on a gameshow and won money or were featured on the show within the last 6 years then you are not eligible. However, if you were on a show such as 1 vs. 100 and were part of the mob then you may still be eligible. As far as your supermillionaire appearance goes, please contact me directly so we can discuss this.
[email protected]

But, is Dayton even 4-5 miles from Chicago?
I remember it taking an ungodly amount of time to get from St. Louis into Ohio (basically an entire day), and I can't imagine Chicago would be immensely shorter.

jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Deesy Does It wrote:But, is Dayton even 4-5 miles from Chicago?
I remember it taking an ungodly amount of time to get from St. Louis into Ohio (basically an entire day), and I can't imagine Chicago would be immensely shorter.
It's about five hours (not miles, but your meaning was clear) if there's zero traffic and you make no stops. Calling it "Chicago area" is positively ridiculous by any standards.
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: more answers

hollandstriplincasting wrote:When we are casting shows we generally consider the "casting area" to be anywhere within about a 4-5 hour drive from our casting call location, and therefore consider Dayton to be in the Chicago area. Most people that really are enthusiastic about being on shows that I am casting will make the commitment and make the drive.
Google Maps estimates a 5 hour 7 minute drive from O'Hare to Dayton (can't see how, knowing getting out of Chicago takes at least 90 minutes on a typical day), 5 hours 40 minutes from St. Louis, 3 hours 22 minutes from Detroit, 1 hour 55 minutes from Indianapolis, 4 hours 15 minutes from Pittsburgh, 3 hours 30 minutes from Cleveland, only 58 minutes from Cincinnati, 2 hours 34 minutes from Louisville, KY, 5 hours 17 minutes from Nashville, TN.... Hell, seeing how centrally located Dayton is, I don't know WHY I'm living here! :roll:
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

BarringtonJP wrote:Google Maps estimates a 5 hour 7 minute drive from O'Hare to Dayton (can't see how, knowing getting out of Chicago takes at least 90 minutes on a typical day), 5 hours 40 minutes from St. Louis, 3 hours 22 minutes from Detroit, 1 hour 55 minutes from Indianapolis, 4 hours 15 minutes from Pittsburgh, 3 hours 30 minutes from Cleveland, only 58 minutes from Cincinnati, 2 hours 34 minutes from Louisville, KY, 5 hours 17 minutes from Nashville, TN.... Hell, seeing how centrally located Dayton is, I don't know WHY I'm living here! :roll:
I see that you'll be driving there in a waaaaaaaaahmbulance.
the return of AHAN
Auron

leftsaidfred wrote: I see that you'll be driving there in a waaaaaaaaahmbulance.
Honestly, I don't give a damn that they're not coming to Chicago. I work full-time and have a family, so I doubt I could fit it in regardless. I just find it funny that this agency refers to Dayton as a part of the Chicago area, especially when I can identify half a dozen major cities that are closer to Dayton.
Wait a sec....3 hours 14 minutes from Parkersburg, WV.....
Check that. Make it seven.
:wink:
Jeff Price
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

BarringtonJP wrote:Check that. Make it seven.
:wink:
That is one hell of a definition of major you're running with there. :lol:
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
hollandstriplincasting
Lulu

so it goes...

yes, there are other major cities near Dayton, which is why we are going to Dayton...to get potential contestants from all of those cities. If you do not feel like Dayton is close enough to you to be worth your time and effort then email me and I'll tell you how to send in a tape...end of story.

cheers!
[email protected]