2008 HSNCT Announced

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ieppler
Rikku

2008 HSNCT Announced

Post by ieppler »

http://naqt.com/hsnct/2008/hs-nct-details.html

Edit: Apparently McDonald's/Giordano's is farther from the Wyndham than the Crowne Plaza. My apologies.
Ian Eppler from Brown University
catsasslippers
Lulu

Post by catsasslippers »

I realize very few people involved in Quizbowl are also involved in Speech and Debate, and that there are a limited number of weekends in the year, but I have something that needs to be pointed out. (Well, I'm really just venting, but who's counting. )
NAQT is the same weekend as Catholic Nationals for forensics and, PACE is the same weekend that regular Nationals for forensics starts. This is very annoying.

That being said, woot Chicago!
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Hmm... where are those forensics events taking place? Otherwise, we sympathize.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
btressler
Tidus

Post by btressler »

Are you sure about the McDonalds?

Isn't the Wyndham O'Hare on the other side of the subway stop? Denny's, on the other hand, would be much further if I remember correctly. But I may be mistaken.

I did Speech and Debate when I was in high school. I've noticed that most schools in this area seem to have one or the other. Like a lot of Pennsylvania school participate in the state league, but quizbowl seems to be only where they have local television contests.

EDIT: I had the wrong hotel.
Last edited by btressler on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

I don't know about (my home state of) Kentucky, but here in Illinois there are always conflicts beteen Speech/Debate and Scholastic Bowl.
catsasslippers
Lulu

Post by catsasslippers »

Catholic Nationals are in Appleton, Wisconsin, and regular Nat's are in Las Vegas. NAQT conflicted with Catholic Nationals last year as well. Until two years ago it was all Speech and Debate all the time at my school. Once quizbowl was started it was still all about Speech and Debate. It's strange that for a nerdy school quizbowl would be considered a really strange thing to do. Does anyone else have this problem ?
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

Seriously? Appleton, Wisconsin?
QuizBowlRonin
Wakka

Post by QuizBowlRonin »

catsasslippers wrote:Catholic Nationals are in Appleton, Wisconsin, and regular Nat's are in Las Vegas. NAQT conflicted with Catholic Nationals last year as well. Until two years ago it was all Speech and Debate all the time at my school. Once quizbowl was started it was still all about Speech and Debate. It's strange that for a nerdy school quizbowl would be considered a really strange thing to do. Does anyone else have this problem ?
Eh, forget about CFL and NFL. Dr. Patterson's TOC, heck even Barkeley Forum FTW.
Jason Paik
retired

WashU, UAB, Stanford
catsasslippers
Lulu

Post by catsasslippers »

TOC--the tournament of champions and champagne
Seriously. They normally have it on a boat, and there is purportedly a large quantity of alcohol imbibed.
Besides--NFL's are in Vegas, does one need another reason to go? Hundreds of teenagers in suits descending upon Vegas. It should be hilarious.