Resolution of Racism Allegations

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

drollins wrote:For those who may take issue with the name listed above, I would like to correct it. It should be *Pasty* White Skolniks. I would like to take this time to formally apologize to Patsy, whomever she may be.
Hi Dren!

All this talk of apologies reminded me of something. You may have forgotten, what with it being about seven months ago and all, but you called Matt Weiner a racist because he criticized Charlie Steinhice. I know, it's hard to believe for me too. But you did, and that's a pretty big deal. Such a big deal that I advised you in this post that if you didn't plan on apologizing to Matt Weiner for this act in your next post, that you could get your "troll ass" off of hsquizbowl.

To my disappointment, you failed to apologize. Then again, you failed to post in this time period, so you did indeed keep your troll ass away. But now it's back, and sadly without an apology. Per the terms of my post, I would like to ban you, permanently, for this action. However, just in case you did forget, I thought I would reiterate that a public apology is expected. I'll give you 24 hours to do so, or else I will ban you.
drollins
Lulu

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa......

Post by drollins »

For the record, such as it is:

1) [b]Matt Weiner is not a racist[/b]. In the numerous conversations I have held with others outside of this forum (Fred included), I have said just that. I was extremely angry when I wrote that post and was unable to stop what I was saying. It's not an excuse, it just the way it was. I was wrong and completely irresponsible. All of that being said, Matt I am sorry for what I said. For as much as you and I disagree on things, in no conceivable way did you deserve that.

2)This forum is important to many people (myself included) for many different reasons. We wouldn't take the time to read and post here if it wasn't. However, what should be a forum to openly and civilly discuss how we can fix the problems we see in this game has devolved into an arena where ad hoc attacks and outright character assassination (of which I am guilty) have seemingly taken over. With the wealth of intelligent people who use this forum, I find it disheartening that some of us have (and still do) to stoop to the lowest common denominator without offering anything that could even be viewed as being in the same galaxy as constructive criticism. We've got to remove ourselves from this paradigm where all we want to do is complain about problems, smear the people who we disagree with, and then do nothing to solve what was wrong to begin with.
I'm not saying we all have to like each other, but mutual respect would be
a good start.

Matt (and others who know who they are) should apologize to Charlie. My opinion on that has not and will not change. He has done nothing but take time away from himself and his family to promote and nourish his game. He's done nothing to you guys but to support this game just like the rest of you. Our goals are the same, and we should be able to work together.

Regards,

Your friendly neighborhood troll ass, droopy dog, pig banger.
drollins
Lulu

One last thing....

Post by drollins »

And Fred...

For the record, I never went anywhere.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa......

Post by AKKOLADE »

drollins wrote:For the record, such as it is:

1) Matt Weiner is not a racist. In the numerous conversations I have held with others outside of this forum (Fred included), I have said just that. I was extremely angry when I wrote that post and was unable to stop what I was saying. It's not an excuse, it just the way it was. I was wrong and completely irresponsible. All of that being said, Matt I am sorry for what I said. For as much as you and I disagree on things, in no conceivable way did you deserve that.
Thank you; that's all I asked for.

Any issues you have about discourse about Charlie's pros and cons can be discussed, politely, in a different thread.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, co-owner
PACE
former (?) hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator