FMWH's First Part of Interview With R. Robert Hentzel Posted

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

FMWH's First Part of Interview With R. Robert Hentzel Posted

Post by AKKOLADE »

For those of you who have been waiting for the interview with R. Robert Hentzel which has now been pending for quite awhile, wait no more. At least, sort of. Part one of the interview has just been posted on FMWH. The second portion should be coming in the near future.
Fred Morlan
PACE President, 2018-19
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, co-owner
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
hsqbrank manager, NAQT writer (former subject editor), former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator, 2012 NASAT TD

hhssteve
Lulu

Post by hhssteve »

No question along the lines of "NAQT employs , :kenj: , a mormon. Doesn't this mean you are racist, sexist, and wear funny undergarments?"
I'm disappointed.

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

That just happened and the interview started about three months ago (and should have been resolved two months ago). As such, I wasn't able to use that incident for the source of my "witty" "comedy" "question".
Fred Morlan
PACE President, 2018-19
hsqbrank manager, NAQT writer (former subject editor), former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator, 2012 NASAT TD

First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Good job on the interview (so far as it has been posted). Did you have to get the NAQT seal of approval? How long did that take?
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Step 1. Send Hentzel an e-mail asking if he's down.
Step 2. Receive e-mail stating he is down.
Step 3. Commence the sending of the questions.
Fred Morlan
PACE President, 2018-19

First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

I meant with his answers to your questions. I'm guessing he just wrote you back and didn't ask for a final review before you posted.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)

rhentzel
Rikku

NAQT Seal of Approval

Post by rhentzel »

"I meant with his answers to your questions. I'm guessing he just wrote you back and didn't ask for a final review before you posted."

That's correct; after Fred e-mailed me the questions, I wrote out my answers and e-mailed them back.

NAQT, collectively, and I, personally, would be happy to do similar interviews in the future. I can't speak for other NAQT members, but many would probably also be interested. We may not be able to respond to in-depth questions quickly, but we're more than happy to take a stab at answering anything that players, coaches, or parents want to ask.

AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

Re: NAQT Seal of Approval

Post by AndyShootsAndyScores »

rhentzel wrote:PEW PEW PEW!
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
University of Alabama, '12