Harvard Fall Tournament III (11/15/08) -- Cambridge, MA

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
aestheteboy
Tidus

Re: Harvard Fall Tournament III (11/15/08) -- Cambridge, MA

Post by aestheteboy »

HFT Playoff Stats wrote:State College P/B 20.46; Hunter P/B 17.78; Gonzaga P/B 12.62
Wow, I don't even know what to say or do about the fact that a high school team got 20ppb on the "HFT hard questions," nearly 3ppb above Hunter and 8ppb above Gonzaga. I'm afraid of opening the HFT set that I just downloaded only to find out that the rest of the playoff packets were as difficult as the finals packet. Someone please tell me that the finals packet was just an anomaly . . . Seriously, I don't know that even Charter can get ppb like that.
Daichi - Walter Johnson; Vanderbilt; U of Chicago.
Daichi's Law of High School Quizbowl: the frequency of posting in the Quizbowl Resource Center is proportional to the likelihood of being overrated.
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

The finals packet was harder than the HFT playoff packets, but the HFT playoff packets were still really hard.
Andrew Watkins
The Laughing Man
Lulu

Post by The Laughing Man »

There was a slight error on the stats against Hunter (it said we heard 7 bonuses instead of 9) so our actual ppb was only 19.85.
Ben, State College '09
Swarthmore '13
tstansell
Kimahri

Post by tstansell »

To the Caesar Rodney coach - thanks for thinking about us. I was pretty happy with our first experience at Harvard. The tournament was run VERY well. The questions were very challenging and the subject matter was weighted heavily towards literature (especially plays), science (chem & bio), and Asian History. We weren't as well prepared for those subjects as we needed to be. In all, I think we represented ourselves and the First State pretty well.

Tom Stansell
Advisor - Academic Bowl
Mount Pleasant High School
Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Very interested to see these stats when it's all finished, especially for Mt. Pleasant, the only other Delaware team besides us and Charter that actually does anything.
The Atom Strikes!
Tidus

Post by The Atom Strikes! »

If you look on the last page, you'll see that stats for prelims and playoffs have been posted.
Henry Gorman, Wilmington Charter '09, Rice '13, PhD History Vanderbilt '1X
chaossolver
Lulu

Post by chaossolver »

Hi, all
On behalf of the EO Smith High School, I would like to thank Harvard for hosting this tournament. Speaking for our two teams, we had an absolute blast last Saturday.
Again, thank you very much.
Bing Xu
Ass. Coach, E.O. Smith High School