Changes to NAQT's Official Rules

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

Re: Changes to NAQT's Official Rules

Post by AndyShootsAndyScores »

rhentzel wrote:A player who buzzes with the name of a book has not been paying close attention.
Yeah, I'll go ahead and admit that I was not paying very much attention at all. The only part of the question I coherently heard was "the Duke and the Dauphin" and, on reflex, said the book.
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
University of Alabama, '12
grashid
Lulu

Post by grashid »

Wouldn't "this character" be a better way of putting it?
g. rashid Walton 09
"After a few minutes of conversation, Ehrenfest remarked "I think I like your papers better than you," to which Pauli shot back "I think I like you better than your papers." The two became very good friends from then on."
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Not really? Especially considering there's a length limit.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Yeah, though it's harder to miss "this character" being definitively not "this book" or "it," while "he" is unremarkable (and might need to be used internally in a book question, so you're not as locked in to it), it's really not worth the twelve characters that NAQT could better spend on adding a fifth of a clue.
Andrew Watkins