QB Acronyms

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
mlaird
Tidus

QB Acronyms

Post by mlaird »

I'm going to be introducing a bunch of new moderators to mACF format at a Harvard Mirror tomorrow, and I'm trying to compose a comprehensive list of acronyms that might show up in the packets. I've got FTP, FTPE and FTSNOP (which, btw, took me like, a month to figure out what it stood for).

Anything you can contribute would be appreciated. I'm also adding anything else you guys come up with to the "FTP" article on QBWiki.

Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: QB Acronyms

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

This probably won't be in the Harvard set, but you may want to include FFPE (for 5 points each).
Sam (Sarah Angelo) Luongo,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
President, PACE
Member, ACF

vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

If they were edited to ACF guidelines all the packets will say "For 10 points" so this shouldn't be too big an issue.
Evan Adams
VCU '11, UVA '14, NYU '15

Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Adamantium Claws wrote:If they were edited to ACF guidelines all the packets will say "For 10 points" so this shouldn't be too big an issue.
Kyle has his own aesthetic preferences which involve having "FTP" in tossups and "for ten points each" in bonuses. Also, en dashes instead of colons. So in short--for whatever reason they're not edited to ACF guidelines, but they still look pretty cool.
Andrew Watkins

AlphaQuizBowler
Tidus

Post by AlphaQuizBowler »

What does FTSNOP mean?
William
Alpharetta High School '11
Harvard '15

pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

AlphaQuizBowler wrote:What does FTSNOP mean?
For the stated number of points.
Evan
Georgetown Law Alum, Brandeis Alum, Oak Ridge High Alum
Ex-PACE, Ex-ACF

Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

Yeah, FTP, FTPE, and (very rarely) FFPE and FTSNOP/FTSNP should be the only acronyms one will encounter in a quasi-modern mACF packet (i.e. one that is written to modern standards other than using acronyms.)

MaS
Mike Sorice
Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
ACF
IHSSBCA
PACE