RAQIT I @ Robinson SS, Fairfax, VA -- cancelled

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Re: RAQIT I (03/28/09) @ Robinson SS, Fairfax, VA

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

Ahhh no... Blake and Wilson should come to this!!
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Ahhh no... Blake and Wilson should come to this!!
Yeah, and I'd like to see Charter, Walter Johnson, and GDS come, too... but I guess we're out of luck on that since I haven't heard from any of those teams since the field got close to filling up (and actually have *never* heard any interest at all from Charter, GDS, or WJ).

If any of the aforementioned teams sign up, however, I'll somehow find a way to make space for them in the field (...hint, hint...)!!! :smile:
Michael P. Campana
Coach/sponsor, Quiz Bowl Club
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

BTW, in terms of scheduling, TJ A will be missing three of its players.
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

hwhite wrote:BTW, in terms of scheduling, TJ A will be missing three of its players.
Good to know... thanks
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

One question: If a JV team does well enough, would it play in the Varsity playoffs?
Harry White

Will run stats for food
ieppler
Rikku

Post by ieppler »

This tournament occurs in the middle of our spring break; most (perhaps all) of the team will be out of town.
Ian Eppler from Brown University
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

hwhite wrote:One question: If a JV team does well enough, would it play in the Varsity playoffs?
Yes, a JV team could make the top 8 in the tournament and therefore would play for 1st - 3rd place overall. They would also potentially be the top JV team as well!
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

Well, here it goes... teams have started to drop out. Fortunately, we're just down to 31 teams at the moment, so if any team wants to pop in at the last minute, register ASAP and we'll add you to the field!
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

We're back to 32 teams with the addition of Madison HS... yay! :grin: Thanks, Madison.
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Auron

What is going to be the official starting time for this, again? I feel like i must have missed it.

Do you want to have matches starting at 9am? Or the opening brief meeting at 9am? I guess, either way, we'll shoot to be there certainly before 8:30, so i guess that means leaving at 6am likely. Ehhh...
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:What is going to be the official starting time for this, again? I feel like i must have missed it.

Do you want to have matches starting at 9am? Or the opening brief meeting at 9am? I guess, either way, we'll shoot to be there certainly before 8:30, so i guess that means leaving at 6am likely. Ehhh...
I'm emailing schedule info this afternoon, but basically we want to have registration from 8:00 - 8:30 AM and start the rounds at about 8:45. Sorry about the relatively early start time, but we want to fit in 11 rounds and a lunch break and still be done before 5:30!
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

State College HS (PA) planned to attend a tournament this weekend which ended up being cancelled, so they have now expressed interest in attending RAQIT.

Therefore, if any teams currently registered wish to drop, today would be the day to do it so that I can add State College to the field! Also, today is the last day to drop a team without incurring a $25 penalty for your school, so please make a decision today to either attend or not and stick to it!

You can also still join the RAQIT waiting list by registering at our Wufoo page (see the link at my last "field update" post above).
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Auron

Robbie Ram wrote:
Caesar Rodney HS wrote:What is going to be the official starting time for this, again? I feel like i must have missed it.

I'm emailing schedule info this afternoon, but basically we want to have registration from 8:00 - 8:30 AM and start the rounds at about 8:45. Sorry about the relatively early start time, but we want to fit in 11 rounds and a lunch break and still be done before 5:30!
So, that e-mail never happened... or something...
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
The Laughing Man
Lulu

Post by The Laughing Man »

Hey, so even if anyone dropped it doesn't seem we would be able to come after all. Sorry.
Ben, State College '09
Swarthmore '13
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:
Robbie Ram wrote:

So, that e-mail never happened... or something...
I just sent it this morning... sorry for the delay! Now, if HSAPQ will only deliver my questions...!!! :mad:
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Auron

This is the first tournament that's using this set, right? I had a feeling that they would be cutting the deadline pretty close.

Do you have a contact number that i could have in case we're late, etc.? We have the furthest drive of anyone, i think, by far... in fact it looks like we're traveling twice as much as anybody.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

The Laughing Man wrote:Hey, so even if anyone dropped it doesn't seem we would be able to come after all. Sorry.
OK, maybe next year.
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
btressler
Tidus

Post by btressler »

Robbie Ram wrote:Yeah, and I'd like to see Charter...
Sorry. I was under the impression that the set being used conflicted with Blue Hen and then didn't check this thread after that.
Bill Tressler,
Dickinson ('97) Carnegie Mellon ('99) Delaware ('06)
Seen moderating at various SE Pennsylvania events.
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

I am disappointed to report that the company from whom I ordered the questions for the RAQIT tournament (namely, HSAPQ) has not delivered the questions in a timely fashion despite my many attempts to get HSAPQ to deliver on time, as promised.

When I ordered the questions at the beginning of February, HSAPQ promised me I would receive them on March 23 or 24. When I followed up with them earlier this month to confirm, they told me they would deliever the questions "by Wednesday morning [March 25]". I have sent additional emails every day this week asking for delivery of the questions, and they have been continually promised "by tomorrow morning", "by this evening" or the like.

I can't begin to express how upset I am right now. I have a full breakfast spread for which I've already paid, four lovely trophies for which I've already paid, etc. However, I clearly can't host a tournament without questions, and one day is simply not enough time to produce and organize question sets, so I must postpone this tournament indefinitely.

Full refunds will be issued to each school that pre-paid as quickly as I can get the checks sent out. I very much want to have this tournament happen, but it simply cannot happen this weekend under the current circumstances.

Thanks so much to each and every team, sponsor, and academic team student member for trying to make this tournament a success. I promise that if it's at all possible, we will eventually make this tournament happen-- if not this academic year, then next year. I also fully intend to follow up with HSAPQ and alert the quizbowl community in general to this issue in order to try to assure that something like this never happens again to any tournament host.

Again, I apologize profusely for this situation, even though it is not of my making. I will be calling each coach of teams that registered to apologize personally as soon as I am able.

Please contact me or post below if you have any additional questions. Thanks so much for your support of our inaugural tournament "attempt".
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Auron

Re: RAQIT I @ Robinson SS, Fairfax, VA -- POSTPONED INDEFINITELY

Wow...

Screw HSAPQ. What the heck is wrong with them?
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Screw HSAPQ. What the heck is wrong with them?
I mean, immediately before this you had noted that HSAPQ is producing the best high school questions out there, so take your own criticism, I guess, with a grain of salt. From my experience writing HFT and T-Party, when you're working on a tight production schedule, all it takes is a couple of little things going wrong. (Also, I think they've been used to being able to send hosts questions the night before; if Robinson did make that clear to them that this wouldn't work, that's no excuse, I guess.) In any event, I'm inclined to note that they're in their first year and that March is a terrible month for writing commitments for everyone.
Andrew Watkins
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Wow...

You're joking, right?

edit = clarification
Last edited by wd4gdz on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

everyday847 wrote:(Also, I think they've been used to being able to send hosts questions the night before; if Robinson did make that clear to them that this wouldn't work, that's no excuse, I guess.)
This shouldn't be acceptable. The typical high school probably cannot host a paperless tournament, and thus needs to be able to make copies of the questions. Expecting high schoolers to stay up all night before the tournament is not good business.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

jonpin wrote:
everyday847 wrote:(Also, I think they've been used to being able to send hosts questions the night before; if Robinson did make that clear to them that this wouldn't work, that's no excuse, I guess.)
This shouldn't be acceptable. The typical high school probably cannot host a paperless tournament, and thus needs to be able to make copies of the questions. Expecting high schoolers to stay up all night before the tournament is not good business.
Right; I'm not saying "HSAPQ orders teams to accept questions the night before and deal with making paper copies and stay up late." I'm saying that it seems the first tournament on each HSAPQ set prior, to my knowledge, has accepted night-before questions without incident. While again it doesn't excuse HSAPQ's actions if indeed they were told that the night before wasn't good enough, it does have some explanatory power over why they weren't ready; they were off a few days in their work cycle.
Andrew Watkins
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I strongly disagree Andy - HSAPQ needs to be able to accommodate the way all high school tournaments already run which is with paper and having the questions beforehand. This is such a widespread fact that this should simply be MO for any high school writers unless hosts specify that they can run things differently somehow.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

wd4gdz wrote:You're joking, right?
Does that sound like I'm joking? Maybe you were joking when you said you would deliver the questions on Monday? Or Tuesday? Or yesterday morning? Or yesterday evening? Or *this* morning????

No one's laughing pal... good luck selling any more questions this year!
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA

That post (I hope) was directed at Andy Watkins.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

Jeremy Gibbs Free Energy wrote:That post (I hope) was directed at Andy Watkins.
No, it was directed at the author of that post, Billy Beyer, who is an HSAPQ member, was apparently in charge of this set, and has been promising me these questions for two weeks now.
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Jeremy Gibbs Free Energy wrote:I strongly disagree Andy - HSAPQ needs to be able to accommodate the way all high school tournaments already run which is with paper and having the questions beforehand. This is such a widespread fact that this should simply be MO for any high school writers unless hosts specify that they can run things differently somehow.
I'm totally not saying that HSAPQ shouldn't be able to accommodate that mode of running a tournament, dude, and I'm not excusing their actions. Put as plainly as possible: I surmise that HSAPQ has gotten dead lucky in the past and the hosts of the first tournament on past sets have been able to receive questions the night before, for whatever reason. That doesn't excuse the fact that they were unable to deliver when they were asked to deliver, but it might help to explain why they screwed up (because I know people in HSAPQ, and they're neither sinister nor (uniformly) bad at managing their time).
Andrew Watkins

To Robbie Ram-
I'm not talking about anything you posted. I'm saying that post Billy made, to me, looks like it is a response to what Andy Watkins posted immediately before it, and NOT a response to anything you said. If I am wrong then I'd like clarification, but to me that is how it reads.

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Robbie Ram wrote:
wd4gdz wrote:
It'd probably be best if you two take your conversations regarding this off the boards.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

everyday847 wrote:Put as plainly as possible: I surmise that HSAPQ has gotten dead lucky in the past and the hosts of the first tournament on past sets have been able to receive questions the night before, for whatever reason.
Without speaking for any companies, I'd just like to note that both HSAPQ and NAQT have been guilty of the "send-questions-less-than-24-hours-before-tournament" issue this year, and it is unacceptable regardless of how well-respected the company is.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

I totally agree. I hopes he will respond to either my email messages or phone calls.
Auron

wd4gdz wrote:
Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Wow...

You're joking, right?

edit = clarification
No, this is incredibly unprofessional and has ruined our upcoming tournament schedule. We can't attend anything next week (too many students busy), the week after (beginning of Spring Break), the week after that (end of Spring Break), or the week after that (HAVOC, which only our B Team is going to anyway).

So, thanks HSAPQ for giving us a wasted 5 or 6 (or more?) week period of no competitions.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

I have no reason to believe this tournament won't happen this Saturday.
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:So, thanks HSAPQ for giving us a wasted 5 or 6 (or more?) week period of no competitions.
This is a way to frame what's gone wrong for you and your team, and I certainly sympathize, but these aren't actually harms that ought to burden HSAPQ: they're certainly not responsible for making sure that your schedule has no dead spots. (What if some overworked coach is thanking the heavens right now that he doesn't have to get up early for the tenth Saturday in a row? That's certainly not a benefit to be attributed to HSAPQ.)

HSAPQ's actions blow, but they cost you precisely one tournament, not a six week dead zone. Other unrelated factors cost you the five other weeks.

EDIT: in light of Billy's post, I guess, never mind.
Andrew Watkins
Auron

It's a lot more difficult for me, coming from 2 hours away from this school, to get 8 kids to commit to this (and a parent to help drive half of them). Now that i did, it's going to be even harder to possibly re-commit(?) them if this happens, since i told them 2 hours ago as we started practice that it was postponed indefinitely and probably wasn't happening.

THE POINT REMAINS that this really is inexcusable, and it's hard to believe that they couldn't get this done any sooner, and it's incredible that anyone would think that this is not a big deal at all. Michael is a TEACHER and he has lots of other obligations on a weekday other than quizbowl... there's no way he would have time to get all these questions together for a tournament on Saturday while still having to teach 7 hours like the rest of us tomorrow.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:THE POINT REMAINS that this really is inexcusable, and it's hard to believe that they couldn't get this done any sooner, and it's incredible that anyone would think that this is not a big deal at all. Michael is a TEACHER and he has lots of other obligations on a weekday other than quizbowl... there's no way he would have time to get all these questions together for a tournament on Saturday while still having to teach 7 hours like the rest of us tomorrow.
No one but your straw man is saying it's no big deal. We're all saying that this is totally inexcusable. I'm just not saying that HSAPQ deserves the blame for a six week gap in your schedule, or anything else going on with your schedule besides this tournament. That's all, dude.
Andrew Watkins
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:there's no way he would have time to get all these questions together for a tournament on Saturday while still having to teach 7 hours like the rest of us tomorrow.
It was possible for our teacher to print off fifteen packets of NAQT Friday night without much trouble.

EDIT: According to our coach, it took her a hour to print off said packets.
Last edited by Whiter Hydra on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry White

Will run stats for food
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:THE POINT REMAINS that this really is inexcusable, and it's hard to believe that they couldn't get this done any sooner, and it's incredible that anyone would think that this is not a big deal at all. Michael is a TEACHER and he has lots of other obligations on a weekday other than quizbowl... there's no way he would have time to get all these questions together for a tournament on Saturday while still having to teach 7 hours like the rest of us tomorrow.
As I said in the other thread, it does not take more than an hour to print and collate questions. I've done it before. The fact also remains that it is not uncommon, even for vendors like HSAPQ and NAQT, to send questions out the Thursday before the tournament. This leaves the entirety of Friday for a TD to print/collate or print/copy or find a group of team members or something to do those things.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Auron

Then why did they promise to send them earlier at all? If you're not going to do something you promise to do at a certain time/date, then how can you be trusted fully?
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

According to an email just received, this tournament will regretfully NOT be happening this Saturday. sympathizes with all of the teams who were looking forward to another great HSAPQ tournament.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Then why did they promise to send them earlier at all? If you're not going to do something you promise to do at a certain time/date, then how can you be trusted fully?
No promises were made, only statements akin to we'll try our best.
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

Also, I believe that it is the case that all FCPS high schools have wireless internet and laptop carts, so you can run packetless tournaments. This was what we did for the MOHIT and it worked out very well.
Harry White

Will run stats for food
Auron

wd4gdz wrote:
Caesar Rodney HS wrote:Then why did they promise to send them earlier at all? If you're not going to do something you promise to do at a certain time/date, then how can you be trusted fully?
Isn't this alone pretty unacceptable too? If you need something done by a certain time/date, then how is "well we didn't promise it, we just tried kinda hard" okay?
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

wd4gdz wrote:
Okay, this feels like hair splitting, or certainly would to any tournament director. When you hear "we'll try really hard to have you the questions by x:xx" and the questions aren't in by then, you're upset and send an email, and you're more upset when the response is "we'll try really hard to have you the questions by y:yy." If things change drastically between when you promise a host questions and the promised date, you change that date, but once sounds like a pretty good number of times to change that date, because otherwise the host knows he's really been promised nothing besides "before the tournament, god willing."
Andrew Watkins
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing when writers will have family medical emergencies come up that prevent them from writing.
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Post by Robbie Ram »

wd4gdz wrote:I totally agree. I hopes he will respond to either my email messages or phone calls.
I did respond to Billy's email.

I know he tried hard to get the set done on time, and I do now have a better idea of why that didn't happen... but the bottom line is that I had logistical reasons why I needed to make a decision about this tournament by 2:30 PM today, and the fact is I still didn't have any question sets *at all* at that time, and I had no reason to expect them soon since I had already been told this week that I would get (first) some by Tuesday night, the rest by Wednesday morning", then (second) "on Wednesday morning", then (third) "probably Wednesday night", then (fourth) "Thursday morning", and (finally) "this afternoon", i.e. today (Thursday). I did finally receive some question sets from Billy at about 3:35 this afternoon, but unfortunately the postponement of this tournament was already a "done deal" by then.

As for my ultimate decision to "indefinitely postpone" this tournament and my related my criticism of HSAPQ generally or any of its members specifically: it's not personal, it's business.

I had deadlines to which *I* had to adhere in terms of staffing and facilities decisions, and unless I knew FOR SURE I would have the questions "in hand" by 2:30 PM today, I knew I would have to call the whole thing off. That's what happened. I don't think Billy, or Ted, or anyone else at HSAPQ was intentionally trying to make my life difficult or screw the teams who were registered for RAQIT, they just didn't deliver their product by *my* "drop dead" point-- despite assuring me since early February that I would have the questions by when I needed them. If they had told me initially-- or even as recently as this weekend-- "it will be late Thursday afternoon at the earliest" that they could deliver the questions, I could have then decided against using HSAPQ altogether since they couldn't meet what *I* thought was a reasonable delivery time frame, and I may have even been able to scramble and get an NAQT set or something. As it turned out, I had every reason to believe-- based on email conversations with Billy & Ted over the past two months-- that I *would* have the questions Monday, Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday of this week at the absolute latest. Maybe that's not a "guarantee" legally speaking, but it is a binding business contract nonetheless. When they couldn't meet that expected time frame and the delivery date/time kept creeping closer to Saturday with no packets yet delivered, the only thing I felt I could responsibly do was let everone know that the tournament would have to be postponed. No questions = no tournament.

I'm really, really sorry for all of the teams (players, coaches, and parents) who have been inconvenienced and disappointed by this cancellation. I'm even sorry for Billy, who was apparently scrambling to get the question sets done for me. Cancellation / postponement would not have been my 1st (or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th...) choice. My team is disappointed, too; we were counting on the monetary proceeds to fund our team's activities for the remainder of this year and into next year. Again, I made the only responsible decision I felt I could make under the circumstances and with the information available.
Michael P. Campana
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
Kouign Amann
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Kouign Amann »

I would like to say that if and when RAQIT does actually occur, I very much hope Mr. Campana will at least consider using HSAPQ's questions, despite their obviously now-acrimonious relationship. Due to scheduling conflicts, I haven't had the opportunity to play any HSAPQ sets this year, but I have read the ones available online, and I liked them greatly. I realize this may not be a pleasant option for the parties involved, but I am of the opinion playing the set eventually is better than not playing it at all.
Aidan Mehigan
St. Anselm's Abbey School '12
Columbia University '16 | University of Oxford '17 | UPenn GSE '19
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

I can understand how a host would be squeamish at extending arbitrary faith that a tournament will get done, given the current rash of, well, tournaments not getting done. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could find fault with that. Quizbowl needs to start doing this better.

MaS
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Member, ACF (Emeritus), IHSSBCA, & PACE