Middle School Quiz Bowl Questions

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
blazer1
Kimahri

Middle School Quiz Bowl Questions

Post by blazer1 »

Hi,
I am hosting a middle school tournament and am lacking a few rounds of questions. Does anyone know of a good source for middle school tournament questions?

at your pleasure
Auron

Re: Middle School Quiz Bowl Questions

Post by at your pleasure »

Unfortunately, most middle school question vendors produce terrible questions. I would suggest you look into a high school novice set, like one of NAQT's A-Sets. Alternatively, you could mirror Maggie Walker's novice tournament, HAVOC or some other novice tournament with good questions.
Douglas Graebner, Walt Whitman HS 10, Uchicago 14
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

http://avorticistking.wordpress.com/
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

It would help us help you if we knew when/where you want to run this event. If you want to run something in April, you are certainly welcome to mirror HAVOC as Doug suggested. Middle schools would definitely qualify under the "if you need lower mirror fees, talk to us" clause I put in our announcement. The main announcement can be found in the Announcements forum at the top of the high school section, and an interest check for mirrors can be found in the Discussion/Comparisons forum.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Though the tournament has already been played, if the questions are blind to your tournament's players you might contact someone from the Rockford Auburn team (Siva and Zahed both post here sometimes) and ask about the questions from their recent frosh/soph tournament. I've only seen some of them and those were probably above the middle school level, but it might be worth looking into.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Siverus Snape
Rikku

Post by Siverus Snape »

I'm worried that our (Auburn's) questions may be a little bit too difficult, but I'd be happy to send you a few rounds to look at.
Siva Sundaram, Rockford Auburn High School '09