Smith Invitational I (May 2nd, 2009)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
chaossolver
Lulu

Smith Invitational I (May 2nd, 2009)

Post by chaossolver »

E. O. Smith High School Quiz Bowl is pleased to announce Smith Invitational I, which will take place on May 2nd, 2009 at E. O. Smith in Storrs, CT. This is an official NAQT event, featuring NAQT packet IS-83.
It is hoped that this tournament will become an annual event with the purpose of promoting quiz bowl in the Southern New England area. New England teams are strongly encouraged to attend. There will be a brief meeting of coaches midday to discuss the topic of promoting quiz bowl in our area.
Registration will begin at 8:30 AM with the first round beginning at 9:30 AM. Though it is difficult to know exactly when the tournament will end, it is safe to assume sometime in the early evening around 5 or 6PM.

Fees for this tournament will be kept low to encourage participation. Registration information for the tournament is as follows:

Base fee, first team: $55
Additional teams: $50
Working buzzer system: -$10 each
Moderator: -$5 each

Copies of the questions are also available for $10 per set. Question orders sent by April 27th, 2009 will be filled the day of the tournament.

Please make checks payable to: E. O. Smith Academic Quiz Bowl. Please plan to pay on arrival at the tournament.

A copy of the registration form can be obtained by emailing the tournament director at [email protected]. You may also use this email for any questions you may have about the tournament.

For those concerned about transportation, a map and driving directions will be sent upon registering. Storrs CT is located in the northeast corner of the state. The high school is directly next door to the University of Connecticut.

We hope that you will join us May 2nd for Smith Invitational I in Storrs, CT.
Bing Xu
Ass. Coach, E.O. Smith High School
chaossolver
Lulu

Re: Smith Invitational I (May 2nd, 2009)

Post by chaossolver »

Due to minimal interest, we regret to inform you that we have canceled the Smith Invitational this year. We have, however, had interest in forming a Connecticut League. More on this topic at a later time.

Bing Xu
Asst. Coach
E. O. Smith Academic Quiz Bowl
Bing Xu
Ass. Coach, E.O. Smith High School