Southside Tiger Tourney - Postponed

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ljshoun
Kimahri

Southside Tiger Tourney - Postponed

Post by ljshoun »

Southside High School in Greenville SC will hold its annual event, the Southside Tiger Tourney, on Dec 5, 2009. We are tentatively planning on using NAQT questions with bouncebacks. Mark your calendars. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Laura Shoun
Southside HS
scquizbowl
Wakka

Re: Southside Tiger Tourney

Post by scquizbowl »

You might want to move the date of that tournament, since the University of South Carolina is doing their tournament on the same day, and that will draw most of the teams in the state of SC, as it is always held on the first weekend of December.

If you had a different date, you could get a lot of teams.
Joe
James Island '10
Duncan Idaho
Rikku

Post by Duncan Idaho »

scquizbowl wrote:You might want to move the date of that tournament, since the University of South Carolina is doing their tournament on the same day, and that will draw most of the teams in the state of SC, as it is always held on the first weekend of December.

If you had a different date, you could get a lot of teams.
Thank you for this notice, Joe. We are in the process of gaining permission from our school to host the Southside Tiger Tourney on Jan. 30, 2010, the week after Dorman. We will keep everyone posted, and we should know if we can gain permission by sometime next week.
Ben Cole, Southside '10, George Mason '14
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals/ the power of your intense fragility:

"I'll also note the humor in me defending high schoolers from Matt Bollinger." - Mike Cheyne
ljshoun
Kimahri

Post by ljshoun »

Southside Tiger Tourney will be Jan. 30, 2010. We are planning to use NAQT questions.
Laura Shoun
Southside HS
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Southside Tiger Tourney - 1/30/2010

Post by AKKOLADE »

How did this go?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

I heard it didn't happen from Mr. Huff at Dorman. Perhaps I misheard?
Elliott Rountree
Lambert Coach, 2017-present
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
Chattahoochee Coach, 2004-2014
GATA, 2018-present; 2007-2014
ACE, 2000-2013
Duncan Idaho
Rikku

Post by Duncan Idaho »

FredMorlan wrote:How did this go?
This event had to be postponed because of inclement weather. The Greenville County School District canceled all weekend activities, including this tournament. We are currently rescheduling. It is likely that this will be held on President's Day, February 15.
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals/ the power of your intense fragility:

"I'll also note the humor in me defending high schoolers from Matt Bollinger." - Mike Cheyne
Duncan Idaho
Rikku

Post by Duncan Idaho »

Snowpocalypse has defeated Southside again. This tournament is being postponed again due to calls for snow on Monday morning. We are attempting to reschedule for a date in the spring, since we've already bought the question set from NAQT.