Early Season Poll

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
David Riley
Auron

Re: Early Season Poll

Post by David Riley »

These polls aside (and I pretty much agree with Andrew's analysis), good luck to everyone this weekend at Harvard Mirror!
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
Dresden_The_BIG_JERK
Tidus

Post by Dresden_The_BIG_JERK »

Dan-Don wrote:
jdeliverer wrote:They beat new trier, but their PPG and PPB were still much lower than New Trier's. The game you saw was probably their best game.
Carmel and Latin aren't stellar yet. But I think it's amazing that they could be the the next Viator in the way that they come out of the North-Metro League and start embracing good quizbowl. I hope we see a nationals appearance from them. Anyways, the results of the poll....

1. Auburn - 147
2. Loyola - 132
3. St. Ignatius - 116
4. C-Dale - 115
5. Stevenson - 75
6. Lisle - 69
7. OPRF - 52
8. Naperville Central - 38
9. New Trier - 31
10. BG - 24
11. Hobo 14
12. Barrington - 9
13. Carmel - 4
14. Latin - 1
14. Fremd -1

Thoughts??
No offense to Loyola, but I think it's overwhelmingly clear that Auburn/St Ig should be 1/2 at this point...the last few tournaments have had very consistent finals...
BJ Houlding

Winnebago '04
Saint Joseph's College '08
IHSSBCA Certified Moderator
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

Dresden The Moderator wrote:No offense to Loyola, but I think it's overwhelmingly clear that Auburn/St Ig should be 1/2 at this point...the last few tournaments have had very consistent finals...
I think these results are so because most ballots were cast before Decembrist, and all were cast before HFT and NTV. They're pretty outdated.
Dan-Don wrote:Carmel and Latin aren't stellar yet. But I think it's amazing that they could be the the next Viator in the way that they come out of the North-Metro League and start embracing good quizbowl. I hope we see a nationals appearance from them. Anyways, the results of the poll....
Next Viator? One year of quality, followed by internal strife, a schism, a hobo, and a return to old ways? I should hope not... I'm thinking more along the lines of Lisle, except for the NML part.
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
University of Chicago 2014
Dan-Don
Yuna

Post by Dan-Don »

Oliver Ellsworth wrote:
Dan-Don wrote:Carmel and Latin aren't stellar yet. But I think it's amazing that they could be the the next Viator in the way that they come out of the North-Metro League and start embracing good quizbowl. I hope we see a nationals appearance from them. Anyways, the results of the poll....
Next Viator? One year of quality, followed by internal strife, a schism, a hobo, and a return to old ways? I should hope not... I'm thinking more along the lines of Lisle, except for the NML part.
Hmm. Good point.
Dan Donohue, Saint Viator ('10), Northwestern ('14), NAQT
jdeliverer
Rikku

Post by jdeliverer »

I'd be fine with the next Auburn, i.e. playing good quiz bowl and winning a lot.
Robert Volgman
Brown '14
Latin School of Chicago '10