2010 Pre-Nationals Tournament (5/22/2010) @ MU

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

2010 Pre-Nationals Tournament (5/22/2010) @ MU

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Hello everyone!
I am pleased to announce the first ever Pre-Nationals Tournament, to be run at the University of Missouri on May 22nd. The Missouri Quizbowl Alliance is organizing this tournament, which I will be directing. It is open to Missouri teams that have qualified for either the NAQT or PACE national championships, and to out of state teams. I would love to see teams from out of state, but there is a lot of MSHSAA paperwork I would need to fill out to get you in the field, so if you are interested in this tournament, please contact me at [email protected] sometime soon so I can get that paperwork moving. I am also going to run a singles tournament afterward, using an undetermined set. For the main event, we have a set lined up, but I need to confirm with the writer our terms, so hopefully tonight I will be able to announce the set and the costs for everything.
I hope you can make it, because we would love to see some competitive teams gearing up for nationals!
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Javatron
Lulu

Re: 2010 Pre-Nationals Tournament (5/22/2010) @ MU

Post by Javatron »

Yay! :D I am so excited for this event, having missed NAQT State.
Also, I really like the idea of a singles tournament. I hope that this can start a trend of more singles/doubles events attached to high school tournaments.
Sabrina Fritz

Villa Duchesne (MO) -- Class of 2011
Northwestern University (IL) -- Class of 2015

I guess I forgot to announce it on this board, but we are now officially using the Ben Cooper set by GDS and Vanderbilt.
The fees are as follows:
$45 base fee for all teams
-$5 for every buzzer system a school brings (maximum 3 per school)
-$5 for every 100 miles a team travels, one way, as determined by Google Maps
-$10 for every competent moderator a team can provide

We will also be running the NAREN set as a singles tournament after the tournament, which I will post a fuller announcement about in the near future.

Here is our current field, which I will be updating:

Kremlin-Hillsdale (Oklahoma)
Pilot Grove
St. Louis University HS
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White

After a six team double round robin, North Kansas City emerged the victors with a 9-1 record. Rock Bridge took home our second place trophy, going 7-3, rebounding from three morning losses to go on and win their last six games in a row. I had pretty immense fun yesterday, and I just want to thank all the teams for coming out and being incredibly cool, and all my staffers for making this tournament run so well.

Statistics would have been posted yesterday, but Jeff's computer can't connect to MU's wifi, so whenever he gets home today expect them to be up.

ScoBo
Rikku

Post by ScoBo »

Jeffrey Hill • Missouri Quizbowl Alliance president • UMR/Missouri S&T 2009 • Liberty (MO) 2005
Post your tournaments, SQBS reports, and question sets to the Quizbowl Resource Center Database!