Maryland Spring Invitational (5/22)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
kayli
Auron

Re: Maryland Spring Invitational (5/22)

Post by kayli »

Matt Jackson with 163.5ppg? God, help us all.
Kay, Chicago.
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

Is the set ready to be posted?

EDIT: I am much less intelligent than I thought I was. Sorry.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Batsteve
Lulu

Post by Batsteve »

I'd like to start by congratulating GDS for their victory, as well as St. Anselm's who finished in second place. The leading scorers during the (short) prelims were Matt from GDS A followed by Matt from St. Anselm's and Doug from Whitman.

Stats can be found at http://results.scobo.net/SQBS.aspx?org= ... =standings as Chris noted. I apologize for the delay in getting stats up, but we had an interesting staffing experience on Saturday.

The set has been posted at http://quizbowlpackets.com/archive/2010UMD/ though some odd formatting relics from Google Documents stubbornly refuse to be exorcised. I'd like to thank Jeremy Eaton and Logan Anbinder for their parts in writing this set, as well as Jeff Amoros and Bekah Kass who don't even attend classes at Maryland anymore. Special thanks go to the freshmen Will Wieprecht, Alex Gran, Andrew Lohr, and Monica Remmers who contributed questions, as well as Paul Marchsteiner who almost single-handedly filled out the Visual Arts subdistribution.

Most of the criticism of the set are accurate, and I apologize for the dosage of impossible third parts. Usually, they were a result of me misjudging the difficulty of third parts rather than an attempt to be 'hard.'

Finally, I'd like to thank each team that came to the tournament, and special thanks everyone who read.
SteveJon
Unaffiliated