Berry College Terp Mirror 11-21: Part Deux!

Old college threads.
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Berry College Terp Mirror 11-21: Part Deux!

Post by gregpweinstein »

This is an announcement for a mirror of TERP which will be held at Berry College in Mt. Berry, Georgia on November 21st. For anyone interested in knowing what TERP is about you can check it out on their original post. Thank you and I hope to see you all here on the 21st!

There will be a flat 60 dollar fee for any team.

If you have not rsvp-ed, that is perfectly fine as there is still 2 days to go, but please act quickly, as I have to set up rooms and find readers. thank you!

If you are paying with a check make sure it is made out to myself, Gregory Weinstein and NOT Berry College

As of now the tournament will start at 9 am. The tournament will take place in the Green building, if you came last year it is the same building. For all you newbies, you should know that the building is in fact, not actually green. When coming into Berry take the roundabout and then the 4th right off of that and then follow that road straight down till you come to the first right and the Green building will be on the left and you are able to park behind it. If you have any problems please dont hesitate to call me at 770-316-1748.

Also, if you have a working buzzer that would be great. The more the merrier.

As of now it looks like we will be running a triple round robin and we will be running two games at once with one team having a bye, unless I get a new team rather quickly which at this stage doesn't seem too likely.

Confirmed teams at this point:
Berry House team
Owen Cooper et al
Joey Mannor et al
Kearney et al
Pearson et al
Last edited by gregpweinstein on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
The Schopenhauer Power Hour
Lulu

Re: Tournament Mirror November 21 at Berry College

Post by The Schopenhauer Power Hour »

We would certainly be up for having you guys mirror TERP on the 21st.
Logan Anbinder
University of Maryland '12
jmannor2
Wakka

Post by jmannor2 »

I will probably have a team for this.
Joey Mannor
DAR High School '11
Auburn '15
Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

Who needs a team mate for this? I'm available.
Owen Cooper
Gadsden City High School '07
Alabama '11

Out of business.
jmannor2
Wakka

Post by jmannor2 »

Does anyone know if this is going to be a TERP mirror? It seems like it is the only possible choice of mirrors available.
Joey Mannor
DAR High School '11
Auburn '15
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

We haven't heard back from anyone as of yet, but I too am unaware of other trash tournaments available this semester.
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
jmannor2
Wakka

Post by jmannor2 »

I hope it is still happening. I want to play TERP extremely bad.
Joey Mannor
DAR High School '11
Auburn '15
jmannor2
Wakka

Re: Berry College Terp Mirror 11-21: Part Deux!

Post by jmannor2 »

I might be able to bring a reader if you need one.
Joey Mannor
DAR High School '11
Auburn '15
chendry
Kimahri

Post by chendry »

Will Bill Cullen Memroial be mirrored too? Would be very happy to play that set.
Chris Hendry
GSU - MBA 2001

"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion."
Veteran reporter John Lawton speaking to the American Association of Broadcast Journalists, 1995
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

We will be hosting the Bill Cullen memorial side event. All specifics about it can be found at their forum. We will try and host it at lunch and if enough people want to play it we'll order pizza with an extra charge of 5 bucks per person. See you tomorrow with play hopefully to start around 9!
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
The Schopenhauer Power Hour
Lulu

Post by The Schopenhauer Power Hour »

There's a private discussion thread for TERP that you can request to join through the User Control Panel after the tournament. Enjoy!!
Logan Anbinder
University of Maryland '12
jmannor2
Wakka

Post by jmannor2 »

Thanks Greg for hosting this tournament. Our team had a great time even though we lost every round. I am looking forward to another tournament at beautiful Berry College!
Joey Mannor
DAR High School '11
Auburn '15
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

I would like to thank everyone who made it to help put on a great tournament, I believe. I would also like to thank the guys from Maryland who wrote a great tournament and Nathaniel Kane for an awesome game-show side-event.

The standings ended up like this:
1. Kearney et al
2. Kricket et al
3. Chuck Pearson and Owen Cooper
4. Joey et al

You were all great and I hope you come to the next trash tournament I host at berry, hopefully in the Spring!
Last edited by gregpweinstein on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berry College 2007-?
Matthew D
Yuna

Post by Matthew D »

Hey that wasn't an official DAR team.. please call it something else so I don't catch flack from my administration please
Matt Dennis
Coach DAR Quizbowl Team