THUNDER Playtesting

Old college threads.
Auroni
Auron

THUNDER Playtesting

Post by Auroni »

Starting next week, THUNDER writers will hold playtesting sessions on weekday nights to get input on questions from people that are not playing the tournament. At these sessions, we'll be playtesting entire completed categories of tossups and bonuses. These sessions will be held on IRC in a to-be-announced room on slashnet.

If you come to these sessions, you forfeit your right to play the tournament. If we catch you registering for a THUNDER site after having been to one of these sessions, there will be severe consequences. I strongly urge you not to abuse this privilege, since we will know if you have cheated or not.

The first of these sessions will take place on either Monday or Wednesday night at 4:30 PM PST and will go on for up to 2 hours; the category being playtested will be Literature.

I hope to see you at that time and eagerly await your input.
Last edited by Auroni on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Auroni
Auron

Re: THUNDER Playtesting

Post by Auroni »

I forgot to ask, for anyone who might be interested, which of those nights works better?
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

Since I am attending UPenn which is hosting one of the mirrors, I assume I won't be able to play in the actual tournament, so I would be interested in playtesting anything, especially science.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Kwang the Ninja
Rikku

Post by Kwang the Ninja »

Unless a southeastern THUNDER site is in the works, I am highly interested in this. Wednesday would work best.
Dallin Kelson
Chipola '11, UF '13
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

Kwang the Ninja wrote:Unless a southeastern THUNDER site is in the works, I am highly interested in this. Wednesday would work best.
Nobody contacted us about a southeastern THUNDER site, but we definitely want one and I will soon ask around.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
MLafer
Rikku

Post by MLafer »

Either night is good for me.
Matt Lafer
Plymouth Salem 1997-2001
University of Michigan 2001-2005
Duncan Idaho
Rikku

Post by Duncan Idaho »

Glacierguy1 wrote:Since I am attending UPenn which is hosting one of the mirrors, I assume I won't be able to play in the actual tournament, so I would be interested in playtesting anything, especially science.
You might not want to do that, as you may have the opportunity to be on a house team. (That, of course, is dependent on things like how many members of your team will be required to staff, which can change until the day of the tournament.)

EDIT: clarity
Last edited by Duncan Idaho on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Cole, Southside '10, George Mason '14
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals/ the power of your intense fragility:

"I'll also note the humor in me defending high schoolers from Matt Bollinger." - Mike Cheyne
Tanay
Rikku

Post by Tanay »

Bellarmine won't be attending THUNDER. Wednesday is better.
Tanay
ex-Berkeley, ex-Bellarmine
nadph
Rikku

Post by nadph »

I might be able to do this. Wednesdays are, in general, better for me.
Nikhil Desai
Bellarmine College Prep '12
Stanford '18 (leave of absence 2016-17)
Ras superfamily
Wakka

Post by Ras superfamily »

I believe OSU is using this set for tryouts for the ohio NASAT team, so could you somehow make sure that ohio kids don't play this
Saajid Moyen
Penn '15
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

TheCopleyIndian wrote:I believe OSU is using this set for tryouts for the ohio NASAT team, so could you somehow make sure that ohio kids don't play this
We'll check IDs at the door. In other news, the Bio and the Chem should be done by next week, so people who can help with that should show up.
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

Confirming that Literature playtesting will be Wednesday night at 4:30 PST, since that's the most popular choice. come to #thunderplaytesting on slashnet. Like Eric said, if you can't identify yourself, we'll have to kick you out. Email me if you need help logging on to IRC.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

This is happening now, so join #thunderplaytesting if you can.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)