Post by Your Genial Quizmaster »

As promised, stats have now been posted to Scobo Tournament Central:

http://results.scobo.net/utcquizbowl
-- Charlie Steinhice
Coach, UTC Academic Trivia Association
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
utcquizbowl [at] gmail [dot] com

"Come, come! Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
-- Gen. John Sedgwick, 1864 (technically not his very last words, but close enough)
49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku

Re: Moon Pie Classic at UT-Chattanooga 4/30/2011

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive »

Have you decided on a date for the HSNCT Mirror/Potential Trash Tournament yet Charlie?
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19
Your Genial Quizmaster
Rikku

49-Mile Scenic Drive wrote:Have you decided on a date for the HSNCT Mirror/Potential Trash Tournament yet Charlie?
Thanks for asking, Matt... er, Mark. It's a fine segue into my next post. We had originally been aiming for mid-to-late June, but owing to recent family concerns, we are now seriously considering the weekend of July 9-10. Any thoughts, comments, etc., are welcomed.
-- Charlie Steinhice

-- Gen. John Sedgwick, 1864 (technically not his very last words, but close enough)
49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive »

That weekend should be perfectly fine. As long as I know 30 days in advance, count some random assortment of people and myself to be there for both tournaments.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

So, I emailed about mirroring this over the summer a few weeks ago, and got one email from the [email protected] address asking who would be playing, then nothing. Thus, I was wondering how consideration of my question about mirroring was coming along, since we would appreciate have the opportunity to mirror this for SCC's summer tournament.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Your Genial Quizmaster wrote:
49-Mile Scenic Drive wrote:Have you decided on a date for the HSNCT Mirror/Potential Trash Tournament yet Charlie?
Thanks for asking, Matt... er, Mark. It's a fine segue into my next post. We had originally been aiming for mid-to-late June, but owing to recent family concerns, we are now seriously considering the weekend of July 9-10. Any thoughts, comments, etc., are welcomed.
There's a possibliity (at least we've talked about it) of a contingent of people heading from the hills and streams of south central Kentucky down to Chattanooga for the HSNCT mirror. July 9 sounds like a good date to us, as long as we know in advance so we can get off work and everything.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
minusfive
Rikku

Post by minusfive »

Charbroil wrote:So, I emailed about mirroring this over the summer a few weeks ago, and got one email from the [email protected] address asking who would be playing, then nothing. Thus, I was wondering how consideration of my question about mirroring was coming along, since we would appreciate have the opportunity to mirror this for SCC's summer tournament.
A couple of Canadian schools (McMaster is the prospective host) are also interested in mirroring this tournament in mid-June, and have contacted who they believe to be the organizers. The courtesy of a reply to them would be appreciated.
Jordan Palmer, Nick Penner's Hero.

Pass by, and curse thy fill, but pass and stay not here thy gait.
Scipio
Wakka

Post by Scipio »

Here's the thing: I'd be all right with allowing this to be mirrored, but there are some details I want to work out first with Charlie (who, due to some unfortunate family circumstances, is apparently on temporary e-mail silence). Also, I'd like to do some desperately needed proofreading of the finished packets.

If I don't hear from him by Sunday, I'll see if I can call and work out the details. I'll then get back in touch with you then. Does that work?
Seth Lyons Kendall
University of Memphis, 1993-1997
University of Kentucky, 1997-1999, 2000-2008
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Will an announcement about the HSNCT mirror be coming soon?
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Your Genial Quizmaster
Rikku

For those interested in mirroring, I apologize for the delay. As many of you know, this has been a bad year to be related to me. I'll get with Seth ASAP to iron out any remaining details. Thanks.
-- Charlie Steinhice

Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Any news on this? I'm a person near to a site interested in running it, and I of course want to attend, so if you can make this arrangement happen quickly so I and others can mark it off on our calendar that would be very appreciated.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Scipio
Wakka

Post by Scipio »

Yes, actually. I have been in touch with Charles Hang, and we've managed to work out the terms for packet use. I'll leave it to him to announce, but things are arranged on my end.
Seth Lyons Kendall
University of Memphis, 1993-1997
University of Kentucky, 1997-1999, 2000-2008
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Wonderful.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White