CC SCTs

Old college threads.
geekjohnson
Wakka

CC SCTs

Post by geekjohnson »

I did not see a place for this elsewhere.

The AL SCT featured Jasper A, Snead, and Faulkner A finish in a three-way circle of death. Faulkner won in two playoff games with Jasper finishing second and Snead taking third. Northeast Alabama took fourth and Northwest-Shoals finished tied for fifth.
James A. Johnson
University of West Florida
formerly of Alabama and Faulkner State

I am an alum of southern quizbowl, the worst form imaginable, and hope and pray that the bearded quizgods shine down their rotund grace upon us all.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: CC SCTs

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Chipola A (Paul Kelson) beat Valencia Red in two matches to finish undefeated and win the Florida SCT. Chipola B took third by beating Valencia Black in the preliminary bracket and again after the top bracket results. Seminole and South Florida A were also in the top bracket of six. Stan Young and Chipola did a typically excellent job in running the show.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
prodski
Lulu

Post by prodski »

The Kentucky regional was won by Jefferson (KY), who finished the triple round robin 9-0. Rend Lake (IL) finished 2nd, Lincoln Land (IL) finished 3rd, and Henderson (KY) finished 4th. Tournament went great, although my mods had difficulty getting 20 questions read each round. I'll be interested to see how the other sectionals did in terms of tossups heard per round - because I thought my mods were going at a fast pace - but with almost every question answered it was tough for them to reach 20.

Pete Rodski
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
sychipola
Lulu

Post by sychipola »

Complete stats for the FL SCT can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... all_games/
Stan Young, Chipola College
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

My apologies for not posting an official thread about these earlier.

Meanwhile: Stats from: Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma

D-values here. CCCT invitations will go out this week.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred