Collegiate Novice Tournament at UW - 10/6/12

Old college threads.
Mike Bentley
Sin

Collegiate Novice Tournament at UW - 10/6/12

Post by Mike Bentley »

The Quizbowl Team at the University of Washington is pleased to announce it will be hosting the Pacific Northwest mirror of the Collegiate Novice Tournament on Saturday, October 6th, 2012 at the University of Washington campus in Seattle, WA.

FEES:

This tournament will cost $15 per player, although we're willing to work with you if this is a problem.

ELIGIBILITY:

This tournament is limited to the following players. If you don't meet these criteria, send me an e-mail and we'll discuss it.
1. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.

2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.

3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.

4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:

i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits). Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.

ii. If you were ever on a playoff or top-bracket team at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC.

iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.

iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.

5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
LOGISTICS:

To register, e-mail me, Mike Bentley, at [email protected]. Registration will be from 10:00-10:30 AM in Denny Hall at the UW campus. You can park in lot N1 or N5 for $5 on Saturday. The tournament will probably go until around 4 or 5 PM.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Amizda Calyx
Forums Staff: Moderator

Re: Collegiate Novice Tournament at UW - 10/6/12

Post by Amizda Calyx »

Congrats to Boise State for winning the Collegiate Novice Tournament with a 7-2 record. Big thanks to Boise for driving all the way out here with a team of only two people.
Matt from the UW B team was the individual winner with 53.33 ppg. Full results are here.
Joelle Smart
Ellensburg High School, 2006–10
University of Washington, 2010–14
Rutgers University, 2015–20??
PACE
HSAPQ biology editor, 2014–2017

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
tiwonge
Yuna

Re: Collegiate Novice Tournament at UW - 10/6/12

Post by tiwonge »

Boise + College of Idaho, Alex would make sure I said. :)
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams