IFT Mirror @ Stanford (11/17/12)

Old college threads.
Crimson Rosella
Wakka

IFT Mirror @ Stanford (11/17/12)

Post by Crimson Rosella »

Stanford University will be hosting a mirror of the Illinois Fall Tournament, an inaugural house-written event written by Illinois. This event is designed as an easier tournament in the vein of ACF Fall or MUT, so we hope to see both new and established circuit teams come out. This event is scheduled for November 17th and will be held in the Old Union building on Stanford's campus.

Eligibility
Per the original announcement:
You can play this tournament as long as you are affiliated with a school in the ACF sense of the term. If you are unsure of your eligibility status, you should contact us or your TD. Also, there will be no open teams allowed at this tournament, no matter what the reason. Chimera or scab teams are only allowed for the purposes of filling out a field. People who need to play “unaffiliated” for whatever reason should contact us to resolve any issues. Exceptions might be made if there is some scenario I haven't envisioned here, but that's not likely. Play with your own schools people!
Essentially, eligibility at this event works like ACF Fall or EFT would, but just let the TD know if you have any questions.

Entry Fees
Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$5 per functional buzzer system
Staffer discount: -$10 per functional moderator
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles one-way (as determined by Google Maps)

Registration
Sandy Huang will be serving as TD for this event. To register, email sunhuang AT stanford DOT edu. Feel free to post in this thread to express interest, but you won't actually be registered until you email Sandy.
Last edited by Crimson Rosella on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joey Montoya
University of South Carolina 2005-2010
Stanford University 2010-
Crimson Rosella
Wakka

Re: CANCELLED - IFT Mirror @ Stanford (10/13/12)

Just a bump to let everyone know that this mirror of IFT has been cancelled.
Joey Montoya
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Ugh, this is just depressing. For years there have been tiny northern California tournaments at which Berkeley A, Berkeley B, Stanford A, and Stanford B play each other all day. But we couldn't even manage that much? I need to work on outreach this winter.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
nadph
Rikku

Post by nadph »

This may be getting resuscitated; more information forthcoming.
Nikhil Desai
Bellarmine College Prep '12
Stanford '18 (leave of absence 2016-17)
Crimson Rosella
Wakka

Tournament announcement updated for Nov. 17th date. Please let us know if you're coming.
Joey Montoya
Huang
Rikku

Re: IFT Mirror @ Stanford (11/17/12)

Post by Huang »

Yes, please do let us know if you're attending this tournament. I'll keep the field updated here.

Bellarmine (1)
Berkeley (3)
Sandy
Huang
Rikku

Re: IFT Mirror @ Stanford (11/17/12)

Post by Huang »

Stats

Congrats to Benji and Nikhil of Stanford A and thank you Berkeley and Bellarmine for coming! Hope it was enjoyable for you all and we'll try to host some more tournaments this year (and finish at a faster pace too).
Sandy