ACF Regionals 2013 Mid-Atlantic at Maryland (2/24/2013)

Old college threads.
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

ACF Regionals 2013 Mid-Atlantic at Maryland (2/24/2013)

Post by DumbJaques »

2013 ACF Regionals Mid-Atlantic will be held at the University of Maryland - College Park on February 24, 2013. Please note that this tournament is occurring on the Sunday of ACF Regionals weekend, due to VHSL states on the previous day.

Where: A specific building for the tournament will be announced in a few weeks, but it's almost certainly going to be held in Jimenez Hall.

Registration: Per new ACF procedure, fill out this form. You MUST sign up using the form if you want to play the tournament. You don't need to email me directly unless you have any questions about our site, etc.

Packet Submission and Deadlines:
ACF Regionals 2013 Global Announcement wrote: Every team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament prior to September 1, 2011 is required to submit a packet in order to play in Regionals. Please note that, like last year, this requirement also applies to eligible high school teams. Further information can be found at the ACF Packet Submission Guidelines.

The submission schedule for this tournament is:
December 30, 2012: -$50
January 13, 2013: -$25 (-$50 for optional packets)
January 27, 2013: no penalty (-$25 for optional packets)
February 3, 2013: +$25
February 10, 2013: +$50
After that: My unending wrath, +$100, and a guarantee you will be dropped from the field if you haven't negotiated an extension before then.

Payment Deadline (NEW): February 16, 2013 (your payment must be postmarked by this date).

Please submit your packet to [email protected]; the actual email with attached packet should include the phrase "[name of school + A/B/etc. if applicable) PACKET" in the subject line. In order to meet any particular deadline, your packet must be in our inbox by 11:59 pm PST on the stated day.

As alluded to above, extensions *may* be granted after the final February 10 deadline, but are at my discretion and will certainly not be granted if the request appears mysteriously at 11:58 pm the night of the deadline.

Packet Penalties: Be sure to fully read the information contained in the Packet Guidelines. Any cases of incorrect formatting, plagiarism, or prohibited question types will result in hefty fees. The editors also reserve the right to send back any egregious cases to be fixed by the team in question, so be sure to do it right the first time.

Please note that in cases of plagiarism in particular, I have now graded many a term paper and edited many a tournament, and I will catch you. This is doubtless because if you have decided to plagiarize from past questions/wikipedia/wherever, you are an idiot; I encourage you to cut your losses with that rather than compounding the situation with plagiarism.
Eligibility: All of the usual ACF elligibility restrictions apply. Please note the update to ACF Division II rules (more info here).

Please email me at [email protected] with any questions (but, again, not with registration). You're welcome to post in the thread to announce your attendance and everything, but remember to use the centralized registration system too. Hope to see you there!

Running Field:
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
Susan

Re: ACF Regionals 2013 Mid-Atlantic at Maryland (2/24/2013)

Post by Susan »

Here's a link to the (registered) field for this site. If you need to update any of your information, please email me at [email protected] .
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
tgaddy
Lulu

Post by tgaddy »

Hey so I wrote an email to both Chris Ray and Jerry Vinokurov saying that Montgomery Blair wouldnt be able to make it to this since LOCKOUT was rescheduled to the same day. I noticed we were still listed under the registered field for this site. I just wanted to confirm that we will unfortunately be unable to make it.
Thomas Gaddy
Montgomery Blair High School '13
jonathanmarx
Wakka

Post by jonathanmarx »

tgaddy wrote:Hey so I wrote an email to both Chris Ray and Jerry Vinokurov saying that Montgomery Blair wouldnt be able to make it to this since LOCKOUT was rescheduled to the same day. I noticed we were still listed under the registered field for this site. I just wanted to confirm that we will unfortunately be unable to make it.
LOCKOUT's actually the day before... I don't know if you guys are still planning to skip Regs, but just letting you know.
Jonathan Marx
Richard Montgomery '13
Yale '17
Susan

Post by Susan »

tgaddy wrote:Hey so I wrote an email to both Chris Ray and Jerry Vinokurov saying that Montgomery Blair wouldnt be able to make it to this since LOCKOUT was rescheduled to the same day. I noticed we were still listed under the registered field for this site. I just wanted to confirm that we will unfortunately be unable to make it.
Just so you know, you're still listed under the registered field because you did not email [email protected] to update your registration info, as directed in this post. Given that LOCKOUT is 2/23 and Regionals is 2/24, do you still need to drop? If yes, let me know here or by emailing [email protected]. Thanks.
Susan
Member emerita, ACF
tgaddy
Lulu

Post by tgaddy »

Wow, yea please ignore my stupidity that was made abundantly clear in my last post. This is great news. We will definitely still be coming to this. Sorry about that.
Thomas Gaddy
Montgomery Blair High School '13
Susan

Post by Susan »

tgaddy wrote:Wow, yea please ignore my stupidity that was made abundantly clear in my last post. This is great news. We will definitely still be coming to this. Sorry about that.
Great--glad you can make it!
Susan
Member emerita, ACF
Oak's Grandson
Lulu

Post by Oak's Grandson »

Jimenez Hall will serve as the official venue for this event at UMD. The tournament will start at 9:30am on Sunday so be in the usual room 0103.
Gary Weiser University of Maryland '14
Oak's Grandson
Lulu

Post by Oak's Grandson »

Up to date stats can be found here.
Gary Weiser University of Maryland '14
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

Is the set clear for discussion and/or posting now?
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF