Delta Burke mirror at UMD (11/10/13)

Old college threads.
Brian McPeak
Lulu

Delta Burke mirror at UMD (11/10/13)

Post by Brian McPeak »

This is the announcement for the University of Maryland's mirror of Delta Burke on Sunday November 10, 2013. The global announcement can be found at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14919

You should email me at bmcpeak (at) umd (dot) edu to register. I'll keep a running list of the field in this post.

Fees:
The base fee is $120 per each team playing.
-$10 for each working buzzer system.
-$5 travel discount (150 miles)
-$5 moderator discount (subject to approval)

Schedule:
The tournament will take place in Jimenez Hall and will start at 9 AM. Registration will begin at 8:30 in Jimenez 0105.

Logistics (stolen from Chris Ray):
You should park in Lot 1 or Lot Z, which is free all day on the weekends and a short walk away from Jimenez. Consult this map pdf for reference: http://www.transportation.umd.edu/parki ... isitor.pdf

Lot 1/Lot Z is the large parking lot immediately above the lightning bolt box reading "Top Level of Union Lane Garage Eastside." Note that I do NOT mean it is immediately above the actual location of Union Lane Garage on this map, where there is obviously a building and not a parking garage; please do not attempt to drive your vehicle into Cole Field House and park in the lobby. Lot 1/Z is above the actual text box.
Jimenez Hall is located looking out onto the mall, immediately to the left of McKeldin library. It is thus also across the street from the Stamp Student Union (though it is shielded from campus drive by the Health Center).

Food is plentiful, either at Stamp (Chick-Fil-A, Salad Works, McDonald's, Panda, Sbarro, Moby Dick's) or on Route 1 in the shopping center just south of campus (Five Guys, Chipotle, Jason's Deli, Noodles & Co., Garbanzo, and of course Ratsie's, which is precisely what you'd expect a venerable College Park institution to be about).

Eligibility:
This is one of the easier tournaments of the season, and is open to any team composed of players from the same school in their first two years of college. If one or both of those don't apply to your team and you still want to play, send me an email about it and I will probably tell you that it's okay.

Feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Field:

EDIT: Chick-Fil-A will actually be closed, because God is tired today.
-Chris
Brian McPeak
University of Maryland
Brian McPeak
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke mirror at UMD (11/10/13)

Post by Brian McPeak »

The current field is:

Haverford: 1 team
Princeton: 1 team
GW: 2 teams
Maryland: 2 teams
Last edited by Brian McPeak on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian McPeak
University of Maryland
Nine-Tenths Ideas
Auron

Post by Nine-Tenths Ideas »

Registration is still open and will be until Saturday. Send 'em in, local teams.
Isaac Hirsch
University of Maryland '14
Never Gonna Play Again
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

You should really play if you can. The set is finished, with only final sorting of the last couple packets left, and there's nearly no scatology this year. By our standards, anyway.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
Brian McPeak
Lulu

Post by Brian McPeak »

Brian McPeak
University of Maryland