Location: Harper Memorial Library, 1116 East 59th Street, Chicago.
Question set: The set will be written and edited by current and former members of the UChicago and Dartmouth teams and others; more information is available in the set announcement thread.
Eligibility: This is an open tournament. Anyone may play. However, in order to assure a balanced field, we reserve the right to require superteams to split.
Money: The base fee is $120.
- There is a $20 discount per 200 one-way driving miles (as measured along the Google Maps route of least time).
- There is a $10 discount for bringing a fully functional buzzer system.
- There is a $15 discount for providing a staffer who has been approved by me at least two weeks before the tournament. Staffers will be provided with lunch.
- If you say you will bring a buzzer system or staffer in exchange for a discount, and then fail to do so without sufficient advance notice, you forfeit the discount and owe an additional fee equal to the amount the discount would have been.
- The minimum fee is $60 per team.
- If you cancel between 72 hours and 24 hours before the tournament, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $40. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the tournament, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $80. I reserve the right to waive this fee (and all others) at my discretion.
- You must pay in full by check before the tournament, or bring sufficient cash or a check to the tournament. Teams that have not paid in advance and do not bring acceptable payment to the tournament will be directed to an ATM and will not be permitted to play until they have paid. All fines due to buzzer/staffer cancellation must be paid before you will be permitted to play.
Field: Due to the limited number of rooms available, the field will be limited to 20 teams in order of registration.
Contact: If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.