The eligibility rules are as follows:
In order to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.
2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:
i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits). Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.
ii. If you have ever finished in the top 15 in scoring at PACE NSC or top 30 in scoring at NAQT HSNCT, or played on a team that finished in the top 10 at NSC or the top 20 at HSNCT.
iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.
5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
6. Even if one of the rule 4 categories applies to you, you may still be able to play! Email me at email@example.com to apply for special dispensation. To apply: 1) state which of the rule 4 points would render you otherwise ineligible; 2) list when and how you achieved any of the accomplishments that led to your being otherwise ineligible; and 3) state succinctly why you want to play.
Base Fee: $10 per person (thus $40 for a team of four)
Buzzer Discount: $5 per working buzzer system
Travel Discount: $5 per team per 100 miles traveled one way
There is a minimum fee of $5 per person ($20 for a team of four)
The tournament will take place on the third floor of Mason Hall; registration will begin at 8:30, with games starting at 9.
House Team (2)