NAQT South Sectional @ Texas A&M (College Station, TX)

Old college threads.
evilmonkey
Yuna

NAQT South Sectional @ Texas A&M (College Station, TX)

Post by evilmonkey »

(Copy and pasted from the email I sent out)

Howdy!

Aggie Quizbowl is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the 2015 NAQT South Sectional Championship Tournament on February 7th, 2015. I (Bryce Durgin) will be tournament director for this tournament.

The fees for this tournament are as follows:
$100/team - Base Fee (changed from the NAQT recommended $120)
-$20/team - New School Discount (Haven't played SCT/ICT in past 2 years)
-$25/team - cost reduction for every team other than the first
-$10/buzzer - Buzzer Discount* (max 3/team)
-$5/clock - Countdown Clock Discount
-$10/team - Distance Discount (over 200 miles)
-$30/moderator - Moderator Discount (Must have prior experience reading on the clock)

All teams will pay a minimum fee of $40/team.

*Note - As per usual policy at tournaments I run, your buzzer must have reached the tournament director at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the first round to claim this discount.

If you haven't already, you may register for this tournament here, and you may also see an updated field for the tournament at that location. Registration for this tournament ends February 2nd. At this point, it seems quite likely that we will run separate DI and DII tournaments.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all in February.

Bryce Durgin
Sr. VP, Aggie Quizbowl
Bryce Durgin
Culver Academies '07
University of Notre Dame '11
Texas A&M '15
evilmonkey
Yuna

Re: NAQT South Sectional @ Texas A&M (College Station, TX)

Post by evilmonkey »

Hey all!

In DI, in the final game of the triple round-robin, Rice (who had been declared undergraduate champions at the opening meeting) beat ULL 250-225 after ULL lost a protest on ANSWER LINE GOES HERE ONCE CLEAR, to clear the field at 8-1. Jeff Crean of Texas A&M led all scorers with 60.8 PP20TUH. D1 Staaaats

In DII, Texas A and Texas A&M were both 8-1 in going into the final game of the second round robin, playing each other. Texas A won the game 425-220 on the back of a balanced team attack, and then won the first game of the advantaged final 510-245 to take the title. Carlo DeGuzman of Texas A&M led all scorers with 96.0 PP20TUH, followed by Arnav Sastry of Texas A, who had 76.0. DII staaaaaats

Thanks to all the teams that came out to play. It was, by and large, an exciting and competitive tournament. Thank you to NAQT for the great questions. Especially the one about ANSWER LINE GOES HERE ONCE CLEAR.

(I hope to go in shortly and change PPG to PP20TUH)
Edit: It's been too long since I last used SQBS.. of course there is no PP20TUH button. Also, NAQT STAAAAAAAATS page
Bryce Durgin
Culver Academies '07
University of Notre Dame '11
Texas A&M '15
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Re: NAQT South Sectional @ Texas A&M (College Station, TX)

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Congratulations to Rice on that great comeback! You guys are a very deserving champion and all around really cool dudes. Also congratulations to the entire D2 field for being pretty awesome.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired