ANNOUNCEMENT: TTYL (Summer 2016)

Old college threads.
The Favourite
Wakka

ANNOUNCEMENT: TTYL (Summer 2016)

Post by The Favourite »

I am pleased to announce that I am writing TTYL (Trash TraceY Likes), a vanity trash packet on stuff that I, Tracey Hickman, enjoy. The tournament is on pace to be playable by the summer of 2016. The set will consist of 8 packets of tossups and bonuses. I will be updating this post as I advance with the set. I am operating under the assumption that I will have this set completed by June 11 for a play-test.

Difficulty
The intended difficulty for this set will be generally easy, fun, and mainstream answerlines (don’t expect much, if any indie music) with difficult to semi-difficult clues. Some questions will be more difficult, however.
Question Length: Questions will be 5-6 lines long before powermarking, with most of them falling on the shorter side, in order to make the tournament quicker. I am hoping to powermark the set, but that is not a given at this point in time.

Distribution (20/20)
4/4 Sports (1/1 NFL, 1/1 MLB, 1/1 NBA, 1/0 or 0/1 NHL, 1/0 or 0/1 NCAA)
4/4 Movies (1/1 before the year I was born [1993], 1/1 comedy, 1/1 drama/action, 1/0 or 0/1 Will Ferrell or Leo DiCaprio, 1/0 or 0/1 Animated)
4/4 Music (1/1 Top 40 from 2010-Present, 1/1 Top 40 from 2000-2009, 1/1 Top 40 from 1980-1999, 1/1 Rap/R&B/Hip-Hop)
3/3 TV (1/1 American Animated Adult Shows, 1/1 Stand-up Comedy, 1/1 Cable Television)
2/2 Video Games (1/1 Console, 1/1 Computer)
1/1 Internet Stuff (anything from Netflix to memes to cat videos)
1/1 Trash Lit (Teen, Comics, Y.A., Children's)
1/1 Other (which will probably be more [world] sports or other genres of music/film)
There will be one tiebreaker or extra question from each of the eight categories.

Mirrors
I am hoping that people decide to mirror this tournament over the summer or fall of 2016. The mirror fee will be $25 per team, and I don’t really care how the set is mirrored.
Anyone interested in playing or mirroring this tournament should email me at tracey (dot) s (dot) hickman @ gmail

Mirror Sites
Central Oklahoma
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps
The Favourite
Wakka

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: TTYL (Summer 2016)

Post by The Favourite »

This project has been put on hold for the time being.
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps