ACRONYM IX @ Carleton U (May 28, 2016)

Old college threads.
TheRhymeMinister
Wakka

ACRONYM IX @ Carleton U (May 28, 2016)

Post by TheRhymeMinister »

I am overjoyed to announce Carleton’s hosting of an ACRONYM IX mirror. This tournament will be held at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, May 28th, 2015, meeting in room TBD. This is the same set that was mirrored at McMaster in March, so if you missed that tournament now is your chance to play! If you were at that tournament, I highly encourage you to come and staff our mirror and relive all the great memories. Also, there may be strawberry pie.

For the global ACRONYM IX announcement, including information about the distribution, see here.

This is an open tournament, anyone can register and play. That said, we would encourage teammates from the same school. To register for the tournament, email me: CUQTAPresident(at)gmail.com

Fees
Base Fee per player: $10

Given that we are running this tournament at a not-for-profit price (the $10 solely covers the mirror fee) we will be relying on the generosity of the Quizbowl community to provide things such as buzzers, staffers, and prizes. If there appears to be a shortfall in any of these areas we may be forced to retroactively change our fee structure. Therefore I highly encourage attendees work together and share so that everyone wins!

Logistics
All will be revealed when Carleton room booking gets back to us.

Dress Code
Shorts, flip flops, and sunglasses are all encouraged (weather depending).

Registered teams:
Dayman and Nightman (Nick Penner and Mike Martin)
R.I.P. Prince (Colleen, Rodrigo, Shervin, and Vanessa)
Merivale (Thilini, Ivan, Swagat, Ali)
Dem Girls (Katie and Nicole and possibly others)
Spare Ribs (Free Agents)
And The Rest (More Free Agents)
Last edited by TheRhymeMinister on Fri May 27, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nick Penner
Waterloo Collegiate Institute '10
Carleton University '15
TheRhymeMinister
Wakka

Re: ACRONYM IX @ Carleton U (May 28, 2016)

Tournament Logistics:

Time

This tournament is scheduled to begin at 10:00am. Please do your best to arrive before this time so we don't start too late. I know many people will be hitting up the Great Glebe Garage Sale beforehand, but do your best to shop early so you can still play this tournament. We will hopefully be done around 4pm

Meet in Patterson Hall 101. We've used this location for a bunch of tournaments previously, so it should be known to all of you.

Lunch

The Fresh Food Company (the buffet in Res. Com.) is the only food location on campus that's open, so we'll probably just eat there.

If there are any questions, let me know!
The Nick Penner
Carleton University '15
TheRhymeMinister
Wakka

Re: ACRONYM IX @ Carleton U (May 28, 2016)

The Nick Penner
Carleton University '15