Page 1 of 1

(This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:57 pm
by Calculus?
Hello Canada!

The University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club is pleased to announce a mirror of (This) Tournament is a Crime, to take place on Sunday, March 12th, 2017. More details on the set can be found here. This tournament will take place in OISE (252 Bloor Street West). If you're taking the TTC (ha) then the building connects directly to Saint George Station. Otherwise, there's cash parking at 107 Saint George Street. The tournament will begin at 9:00 AM, so please be in the control room, OI 8170 at 8:30. Note that this is not the same control room that we used for ACRONYM on the previous day, but it is in the same building, so make sure you're in the right place. Please also note that this will be the day after Quizbowl Prom.

Fees and Registration:

Base fee: $120 New sale price! 20% off!
$10 buzzer discount
$15 staffer discount

This mirror will be completely open, so anyone is welcome to play. To register a team, send me an email at uoftquizbowl [at] gmail [dot] com, with who's on your team and any discounts you'd like to claim.

There is a hard field cap of 11 teams for this tournament.

Field:

ADR's team
McGill
Toronto
Night Contacts
Dennis & co.
Scab Team

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, etc. please post them here. See you all in March!

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am
by Calculus?
Post has been updated with rooms and a field cap.

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:32 pm
by Calculus?
As with the ACRONYM mirror, tonight is the deadline for registering teams. Whatever number I have after that is the cap.

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 am
by adosreme
One additional reminder - clocks will be going ahead an hour at 2am on Sunday morning this weekend. Don't be late because of this!

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:31 pm
by Benin Rebirth Party
Hey I need to get other stuff done tonight and tomorrow so final stats for this and ACRONYM aren't gonna be up until Tuesday.

A hodge-podge team of Rafael, Ian, Huma, and Paul won the tournament.

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 pm
by Benin Rebirth Party

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 am
by Periplus of the Erythraean Sea
raffi_-_c-a-n-a-d-a.mp3 wrote:Hey I need to get other stuff done tonight and tomorrow so final stats for this and ACRONYM aren't gonna be up until Tuesday.

A hodge-podge team of Rafael, Ian, Huma, and Paul won the tournament.
Are you referring to Rafael Krichevsky?

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:30 am
by cruzeiro
Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote:
raffi_-_c-a-n-a-d-a.mp3 wrote:Hey I need to get other stuff done tonight and tomorrow so final stats for this and ACRONYM aren't gonna be up until Tuesday.

A hodge-podge team of Rafael, Ian, Huma, and Paul won the tournament.
Are you referring to Rafael Krichevsky?
Yes, this is noted Canadian Rafael Krichevsky being referred to.

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror @ Toronto (12.03.17)

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 pm
by The Ununtiable Twine
cruzeiro wrote:Yes, this is noted Canadian Rafael Krichevsky being referred to.
He's from CANADA???