Page 2 of 2

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:35 pm
by gregweinstein
considering I already played this, if I am doing nothing else on Friday or Saturday night at HSNCT I would be happy to read this

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm
by The Billiards Fool
Saturday night seems optimal because ACRONYM is Sunday and scrimmages are Friday (we could also do this Friday after scrimmages?). Is there anything I am forgetting (when is Math Monstrosity which someone mentioned earlier in the thread?).

If possible, someone with greater knowledge of the HSNCT schedule (or with greater knowledge of side event organization) should probably take on the organization. Until that point, or if it ends up being me, here is a sign up sheet. I don't know how this is going to be played ((doubles/singles?)(shootout/roundrobin/tournament?)), so I will just have this be an empty spreadsheet, so we can at least get a good idea of numbers. From what I can gather from this threat, SSNCT mirror played a quick team-based tournament using scrimmage rooms on Friday night. I'm partial to that format myself, but am amenable; just want to play this you know.

I'll leave the spreadsheet here, but thoughts on format? And could anyone who helped organize/play at SSNCT give any advice as to what would be our best option?

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

EDIT: There is a column for readers as well. Also, I (or whoever) will alter the spreadsheet once the format is decided. If any changes to make sign ups clearer should be made now also let me know.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 pm
by CPiGuy
Neggman wrote:Saturday night seems optimal because ACRONYM is Sunday and scrimmages are Friday (we could also do this Friday after scrimmages?). Is there anything I am forgetting (when is Math Monstrosity which someone mentioned earlier in the thread?).

If possible, someone with greater knowledge of the HSNCT schedule (or with greater knowledge of side event organization) should probably take on the organization. Until that point, or if it ends up being me, here is a sign up sheet. I don't know how this is going to be played ((doubles/singles?)(shootout/roundrobin/tournament?)), so I will just have this be an empty spreadsheet, so we can at least get a good idea of numbers. From what I can gather from this threat, SSNCT mirror played a quick team-based tournament using scrimmage rooms on Friday night. I'm partial to that format myself, but am amenable; just want to play this you know.

I'll leave the spreadsheet here, but thoughts on format? And could anyone who helped organize/play at SSNCT give any advice as to what would be our best option?

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

EDIT: There is a column for readers as well. Also, I (or whoever) will alter the spreadsheet once the format is decided. If any changes to make sign ups clearer should be made now also let me know.
Math Monstrosity (which I am running) is Saturday night, as is, if I recall correctly, Fight the Power (a hip-hop tournament), but I don't know if that's still happening. I *think* the only side event running Friday night would be Geography Monstrosity (assuming it happens).

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:33 am
by mlaird
I'd be very into playing this on Friday or (preferably) Saturday night at HSNCT.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:04 am
by 100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan
I would be interested in playing this on Friday night.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 pm
by saintanthony
Very interested in playing this on Saturday night.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:11 pm
by etchdulac
Also eager to see where this ends up on the schedule.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 pm
by Bartleby
I put this in the spreadsheet, but would definitely be interested in playing this at HSNCT, depending on when it runs.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm
by FortOsageScholarBowl
Bringing 5 copies of each packet to Atlanta. This has now become a fundraiser to benefit flood victims in southern Missouri (which occurred the weekend of SSNCT). So, hopefully you can come. I'm not sure whether this will be played Friday or Saturday night, but packets will be ready.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:37 pm
by The Billiards Fool
How does 10 pm on friday work? (that would run concurrently with Geomonstrosity). I've seen a bit of interest in Saturday, but if that were to happen it would have to be after Fight the Power (which I anticipate means around 11 PM) or I cannot coordinate since I am signed up for Fight the Power.

Right now, I will schedule this as 10 PM on Friday. If enough people pull out because of this and someone else wants to run it sounds good, but barring that this is the plan. In terms of format, it seems given the interest level we could do two-person teams in a round robin with a final? There is, it seems, the option to play this is as a shootout, which is also an option if people want. But as of now, two-person teams seems most logical to me. We could have people who want to pair up pair up and after that just pair free agents. Right now the field from what I can gather is: Myself, Saul Hankin, Steven Silverman, Eric Douglass, Bryn Douglass, David Dennis, Brian McNamara, Stephen Fontenot (maybe), Drew Scheeler (maybe), Chandler West, Matt Laird. Readers: Josh Malecki, Douglas McIntosh, some Fort Osage kids?, Gerry Weinstein?

To be briefer: 10 PM friday, doubles tournament, round-robin with a final.
How does this sound to everyone?

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 am
by Silverman
Neggman wrote:How does this sound to everyone?
Sounds good to me. I'm good at sports and older music, so I'm in the market for a partner who knows TV/movies/modern music. PM me if you'd like to team up!

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:15 am
by 100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan
Where will the meeting place for this be? I'll be teaming up with Bailey Brand.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:18 am
by Bartleby
Shan Hogan and I are teaming up for this.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:50 am
by dwd500
I need a teammate. I'm much better at older stuff than newer. Could use someone who knows newer music/movies/how to keep me from falling asleep at the buzzer at 11pm.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:46 am
by saintanthony
Any chance there could be some sort of smaller, informal gathering to read/play this set on Saturday night? I know a couple people interested that won't be arriving until late tonight.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:18 pm
by etchdulac
Dr. Ugolini and I intend to play this directly after scrimmages. Do we need to do anything more formal than this to register?

Edit: Added us to the spreadsheet if that is helpful at all.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 pm
by The Billiards Fool
etchdulac wrote:Dr. Ugolini and I intend to play this directly after scrimmages. Do we need to do anything more formal than this to register?

Edit: Added us to the spreadsheet if that is helpful at all.
Nope that's good! I'm gonna draw up a few generic little round Robin schedules since I probably won't really know how many teams are coming until it begins but it shouldn't take long.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:38 pm
by The Billiards Fool
cwest123 wrote:Where will the meeting place for this be? I'll be teaming up with Bailey Brand.
So I don't really know the layout of HNSCT, but I assume we can get rooms with buzzers set up? Does anyone know where a good place would be and if we can get buzzer equipped rooms? If no one knows I'll check it out once I land in Atlanta.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:33 pm
by Rococo A Go Go
I can't edit the sheet on my phone, but Austin Smith and I are interested in playing this. Ramapriya Rangaraju also wants to add that he is interested in being a free agent.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 pm
by 100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan
Naqt allows side events to use their buzzers/rooms, I believe. Geo Monstrosity will probably use rooms close to the scrimmage desk

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm
by The Billiards Fool
Field update:
Teams:
Nick Conder and Austin Smith
Dr. Ugolini and Stephen Fontenot
Shan Hogan and Brian McNamara
Chandler West and Bailey Brand

Free Agents:
Myself, Saul Hankin, Steven Silverman, Eric Douglass, Bryn Douglass, David Dennis, Drew Scheeler (maybe), Matt Laird, Ramapriya Rangaraju

If there are free agents still unteamed when we get there all good we'll just pair teams up. Speaking of, my strengths in terms of this are sports and modern music and am looking for a teammate that knows older music/movies overall (but also thats not super strict I'll partner with anyone)

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 pm
by The Billiards Fool
Meet outside the atrium 601 (the room for staff checkin) and we'll find rooms from there!

EDIT: Room A601 on the Atrium level is what atrium 601 means

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:56 pm
by The Billiards Fool
Neggman wrote: Readers: Josh Malecki, Douglas McIntosh, some Fort Osage kids?, Gerry Weinstein?
Is this still accurate? (Also thanks a ton for reading!)

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 pm
by The Billiards Fool
Sorry for calling you Greg gerry I'm an idiot my bad :/

EDIT: *gerry greg

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:27 am
by Bartleby
Hey, this was good goofy fun! Thanks to Josh and Fort Osage, as well as Emmett for wrangling us.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:35 pm
by Silverman
Bartleby wrote:Hey, this was good goofy fun! Thanks to Josh and Fort Osage, as well as Emmett for wrangling us.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:50 pm
by mlaird
Anyone doing this Saturday night? It seems at least Drew and I missed out on the chance to play, and I'm sure I could wrangle some other staffers who might not even be aware of it.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:42 pm
by The Billiards Fool
This was lots of fun! Thank you Josh and the Fort Osage team for the set and for reading to us!

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 pm
by FortOsageScholarBowl
Big thanks to all of those who played this at SSNCT and HSNCT!! If anyone still wants to play it as a side-event at PACE or NASAT, I will make it available as well!! I will note that Fort Osage will not be at either of those events, but I can send the packets if need be.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 pm
by Monstruos de Bolsillo
This was a lot of fun, and a great way to spend Friday night. Thanks for setting it up.

Re: "YO, Pass the AUX Cord, You'd Better Not Read" TRASH Set

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 pm
by FortOsageScholarBowl
Now posted on quizbowlpackets.com. Expect the remix in October, and "check the technique"!!