Virginia Summer Open – 8/5/17

Old college threads.
Silverman
Lulu

Re: Virginia Summer Open – 8/5/17

Post by Silverman »

CPiGuy wrote:
Beevor Feevor wrote:Super ACRONYM has also been mirrored at HSNCT
I'm pretty sure that was just regular ACRONYM.
Yes, this was regular ACRONYM. I don't think Super ACRONYM is even done being written yet.

As far as which trash events to play, I'd prefer Super ACRONYM over the other two, partially since it has bonuses, which is suboptimal for in hotel rooms.
Steven Silverman
Unionville High School '13
Carnegie Mellon University '17
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

I'd personally prefer There Will Be Stock Clues over playing both Super ACRONYM and Tricon, for the following reasons:

1) It is decidedly a novelty event. Full-distribution trash tournaments happen every year, but I don't think there's been a food tournament before
2) It's tossups-only, so we should be able to get through things more efficiently
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
The Stately Rhododendron
Rikku

Post by The Stately Rhododendron »

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote:I'd personally prefer There Will Be Stock Clues over playing both Super ACRONYM and Tricon, for the following reasons:

1) It is decidedly a novelty event. Full-distribution trash tournaments happen every year, but I don't think there's been a food tournament before
2) It's tossups-only, so we should be able to get through things more efficiently
I agree!
IKD
Yale 18
Oakland Mills 14
"I am the NAQT beast I worship."
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

Post by Beevor Feevor »

After some negotiations with room reservation people, we've decided that it would be more financially feasible for the UVA program to export hosting responsibilities for the Virginia Summer Open to VCU. We'll most likely be working out some kind of full-time staffing arrangement with them in the next few days, and hope to have a finalized list of side events presented to you all soon. Thanks for understanding; more updates TBD!
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23