Late call: Historature at Tusculum (Greeneville TN) on 8-4?

Old college threads.
ShorterPearson
Wakka

Late call: Historature at Tusculum (Greeneville TN) on 8-4?

Post by ShorterPearson »

This has been discussed elsewhere within the post for this fool silly academic/trash quizbowl day I'm running at my place in East Tennessee on August 4th, but Seth would love to see this happen, and I would like to see this happen, and I'm still accepting registrants, so:

Would there be anybody who would like to come out to East Tennessee and play and/or officiate Historature on the evening of August 4th (give or take 24 hours or so)?

Seth weighed in like so (copy/paste from the Southern Summer QB League group on Facebook):
To put this in perspective: to get such an event off the ground, all we would really need is dedicated players (I would fall into this category) [ed: pearson would be a poor dedicated player, but I'm up for it anyway], dedicated staffers, rooms and buzzer systems (which we’ll already have), someone to whom the packets can be mailed and by whom they can be printed, and someone to contact the authors of Historature (which I will cheerfully do).

Hence: if anyone wants to play, anyone wants to read, and anyone wants to volunteer to receive and print questions, Please contact Pearson?
There will be plenty of hijinks on the day, and we're going to make it worth people's while to come out no matter what; however, the thought of a "maximum quizbowl bang for your buck" is certainly front-and-center in mind. If you can help out, please do.

chuck
Chuck Pearson
East Tennessee/Southwest Virginia quiz bowl flunky (and that won't change)
Vice President of Outreach (2018-2019), PACE (seriously, what even)
Associate Professor of Natural Science, Tusculum University (coming soon to a collegiate tournament in the Mid-South)
[email protected], @ShorterPearson where relevant
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Re: Late call: Historature at Tusculum (Greeneville TN) on 8

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

Is this happening? Please feel free to PM me and I can share the set with you.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
ShorterPearson
Wakka

Re: Late call: Historature at Tusculum (Greeneville TN) on 8

Post by ShorterPearson »

It's not happening, Will. Thanks for keeping an eye on the forums for us, though.

(Seth and I will have to scheme for a later event.)

chuck
Chuck Pearson
East Tennessee/Southwest Virginia quiz bowl flunky (and that won't change)
Vice President of Outreach (2018-2019), PACE (seriously, what even)
Associate Professor of Natural Science, Tusculum University (coming soon to a collegiate tournament in the Mid-South)
[email protected], @ShorterPearson where relevant