ACF Fall at Berkeley Results

Old college threads.
cvdwightw
Auron

ACF Fall at Berkeley Results

Post by cvdwightw »

Eight teams competed at ACF Fall at Berkeley. The original concept involved a single round robin, followed by a double round robin within playoff brackets of four. After a series of delays including a Stanford car being delayed over an hour by traffic, the teams voted to scrap the last three playoff rounds.

Stanford C won the tournament with a 9-1 record. Berkeley A finished in second with an 8-2 record, but since they were not eligible to win, and UCLA A was in third at 7-3, no final was necessary.

The top 5 scorers after the initial round robin were Eric from Stanford C, Brendan from Berkeley B, Paul from Berkeley A, and Ray and Charles from UCLA A. The top 5 after the full tournament were the same, only in a slightly different order.

Prelim (initial round robin) and final statistics can be accessed from Berkeley's Hosted Tournaments page (http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~quizbowl/tournaments.html) or for the lazy of you, you can go directly to the final statistics at (http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~quizbowl/t ... dings.html).
NotBhan
Rikku

Post by NotBhan »

Are those stats right? Did the top 3 teams indeed average over 24.6 ppb? (Just curious.)
csrjjsmp
Lulu

Post by csrjjsmp »

The stats are correct, as far as I can see.
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

The bonus conversion for UCLA A is definitely right. I'm inclined to think that for Stanford C and Berkeley A it is also.
plujan
Lulu

Post by plujan »

Thanks for posting this, Dwight.

And yes, the bonus conversions are right. I mean, we racked up a couple of 600+ rounds against the baby seals.