NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/8/20)

Old college threads.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/8/20)

Post by Important Bird Area »

I am pleased to announce that Berkeley Quiz Bowl will host the northern California site of the 2020 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 8, 2020.

Location: This tournament will take place on the first floor of UC Berkeley's Dwinelle Hall.

Fees:

Base fees: $145 base fee for the first team from a school; $120 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:

$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$40 discount per experienced moderator

$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2018 or 2019)

$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 60 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to Berkeley by Google Maps)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 8.

How to register: This tournament will use NAQT's online registration system. Register here

Current field
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/8/20)

Logistics details for Saturday have been sent to teams and staff. Check-in is at 8:30 in 105 Dwinelle.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: NAQT SCT at Berkeley (2/8/20)

Congratulations to the champions of the 2020 Northern California SCT: Berkeley A in Division I and Stanford B in Division II!

Complete team and individual stats are available here.

My thanks to Rahul Keyal of Berkeley for helping organize this tournament and to all of the staffers who made this tournament possible: Eric Chen, Nikhil Desai, Aseem Keyal, Jayanth Sundaresan, Nathan Weiser, and Walter Zhao.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF