WORKSHOP Online (Closed mirror, 3/7)

Old college threads.
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

WORKSHOP Online (Closed mirror, 3/7)

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce a Discord mirror of WORKSHOP for March 7. Given the availability of discord playtesting sessions and to encourage graduates to staff other mirrors of this tournament, this mirror will be CLOSED. High school and collegiate teams are both welcome to sign up as long as each member of the team attends the same school.

This tournament is collegiate regular difficulty, a 2.5 on Ophir's difficulty scale. More information here.

In order to register, please fill out a row in the following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing and email me at [email protected]. If you can, please include a functioning venmo address that we can charge for payment.

Payment:
The mirror fee for this tournament will be $70 per team. Please direct payment to Alex Damisch over Venmo (preferred) @damischa or, if you can't, PayPal [email protected]

Staffing:
If you want to staff, please indicate that on the spreadsheet linked above. Staff will be paid $20 for the day.

Logistics:
This tournament will begin at 10 AM Eastern Time (7 AM Pacific) with or without you. Please be on the server at 9:30; a link for the server will be sent to the contact email provided the night before.

We hope to see you there!
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Re: WORKSHOP Online (Closed mirror, 3/7)

Hi! I will be closing the field and sending out logistics information Thursday, so if you plan to register, please do so by then! Thanks!
Jakob M. (they/them)
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Our final field is as follows:

The Triumverate (Plano West)
Oregon
Washington
Hong, Kumar, Orbis Tertius (Saratoga)
North Carolina
University of Muri (pseudonym)

We need another staffer reasonably urgently; I am willing to negotiate rises in the rate of pay for such a staffer should they arise. If you are interested, please email me at the address given above or message me on Facebook.

EDIT: we have one. Thanks, Victor Pavao!
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Thank you to everyone who came out! The 4-team field that resulted from a late drop and the resulting combination of Washington and Oregon was cleared by University of Muri; we hope everyone had a great time!

Stats are here:
https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... und-robin/
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal