2020 SUN @ Florida (Postponed)

Old college threads.
wjg
Lulu

2020 SUN @ Florida (Postponed)

Post by wjg »

I am pleased to announce that the Florida site of Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) 2020 will be held at the University of Florida on Saturday, April 11th, 2020. The main link to this set with information of distribution, difficulty, and other pertinent details can be found at: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23049

The tournament will take place somewhere on UF's campus (building TBA), with team check-in beginning at 8:30 AM and gameplay beginning promptly at 9 AM. I will be serving as the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected]

Eligibility
This will be a closed tournament. Teams must be comprised entirely of players enrolled at the same institution. Colleges, community colleges, and high schools are all eligible to play. The main post for SUN outlines the general eligibility guidelines for the set. We strongly encourage schools to only bring players who are in either their first or second year of playing collegiate quizbowl (and did not have extensive high school experience) and players who do not generally finish near the top of scoring leaderboards at regular difficulty collegiate tournaments or at NAQT HSNCT, PACE NSC, or similar high school national championship tournaments. As the tournament director, I reserve the right to prohibit any individual from playing this tournament on the basis of experience or skill. If you have any questions about eligibility, please email me at [email protected]

Rules
This tournament will follow ACF gameplay rules.

Registration
Please email me at [email protected] with the number of teams, the rosters of said teams, the number of staffers, and the number of buzzers you are bringing.

The field cap is 12, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist. Please register by April 8 at the latest.

Fees
Base fee: $120
Buzzers: –$10 per functional system
Staffers: –$10 per staffer with functional laptop
Travel: –$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way from your school's campus, as determined by Google Maps
New to quizbowl discounts:
-$10 for colleges that did not attend a tournament outside of NAQT Collegiate Novice, ACF Fall and SCT DII in the last academic year (i.e. September 2018 – May 2019)
-$50 for institutions that have not attended ANY academic quizbowl tournament in the past three (3) academic years
Fees may be paid by Venmo (preferred), cash, or a check made out to "Nabeel Farooq"

We look forward to seeing you all in Gainesville on April 11th, 2020!

Field (teams/buzzers/staff):
Last edited by wjg on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
wjg
Lulu

Re: 2020 SUN @ Florida (4/11/2020)

Post by wjg »

In light of the recent coronavirus outbreak, this tournament is now postponed indefinitely.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida