Chicago Open?

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Chicago Open?

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Has a weekend been selected for the CO yet? I know Zeke requested suggestions about dates a while back. Further, any ideas about whether someone will try to write the whole thing or will it be submission? Looking forward to going, but we dinosaurs need to let spouses and kid(s) know when we'll be gone.

PS--I think packet submission would be fine. It will reduce someone's workload a great deal, and the years in which packets were submitted they were very good.
salamanca
Lulu

My bad

Post by salamanca »

Thanks for reminding me of this Chris... so after hashing it out with Mr. Romero. We have decided to host the tournament on the 29th of July (this would be Saturday), though as of right now we aren't 100% sure that we will have rooms at U of C that day. But since we usually get them, I'll just assume that they will be there until someone tells me otherwise (but that is another reason I had not finalized the date yet).

Bottom line:
-it will (presumptively) be on the 29th
-it will be packet submission
-Chris R. and I will compose six highly entertaining, somewhat vexing. playoff rounds
-there will surely be some kind of odd, themed singles

peace out,

Ezequiel

-if you have any questions about playing or you want to register even now in cold ass March email me at [email protected], thanks.
-the money/ question distribution post will come sometime in April.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Dang! Suddenly there's a whole lot of tournaments going on in Chicago on the CO weekend. Is it too early for me to ask how this might all be fit in? In years previous to last, the CO itself was Saturday during the day, with the Science Monstrosity Saturday night, and the singles on Sunday. I propose that this same structure be followed, adding the history tournament to Friday night. Of course, being neither author/editor of any of these nor a host, I'm in no position to do anything other than lobby, but this would seem to work best.

Also, it appears there's no room for any trash now. That's too bad--last year's was my only trash experience, and it was pretty cool.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Perhaps all of Friday can be devoted to the singles events, room availability permitting? Most people have to miss their work/class/whatever on that day anyhow for travel purposes in order to get to a Friday night event, so it's no big loss. I too would enjoy a return of the Richler trash.
No Rules Westbrook
Auron

Post by No Rules Westbrook »

Yeah, I definitely support Weiner's recommendation, provided that anyone (or at least more than a few) who seriously wants to play in any of the events isn't precluded from doing so by whatever time slot it happens to fall in. Of course, the smaller events could be swapped for each other to allow for that.
ktour84
Lulu

Post by ktour84 »

Whatever the organizers decide on is fine with me, and the history tournament sounds interesting. If anyone is looking for a teammate for Saturday, please email me at [email protected]