Mill reminder

Old college threads.
Birdofredum Sawin
Rikku

Mill reminder

Post by Birdofredum Sawin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:03 am

This is just a reminder that the John Stuart Mill tournament is still on the schedule. It will be held on Saturday, May 20 at the University of Chicago. Once again, I'll note that the questions will be specially hand-crafted by a group of Chicago-based writers including myself, Seth Teitler, and Selene Koo. Difficulty should be at around ACF regionals level, and according to Matt Weiner himself the tournament should be "a hoot and a half." If you're interested in playing, please email me to register your team; or if you want to play but don't have teammates, let me know and I can try to hook you up.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Chicago,

Andrew

Birdofredum Sawin
Rikku

Post by Birdofredum Sawin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:41 pm

I thought I'd mention that you can play at the Mill for the low, low cost of $95 per team. There will be at least 12 rounds, and you don't have to write a single question. What a deal! In addition, Paul Litvak and Chris Frankel have agreed to host a roundtable discussion following the tournament. It will deal with "Changing Fashions in Quizbowl Menswear and the Expansion of the Social Science Canon," and is sure to be illuminating.

See you in Chicago,

Andrew

ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Fri May 19, 2006 9:07 am

Good luck to everybody playing the Mill in Chicago tomorrow. Just a reminder: don't discuss specific questions next week, as we'll be mirroring in Orlando on May 27. Thanks, and have fun.

Birdofredum Sawin
Rikku

Post by Birdofredum Sawin » Fri May 19, 2006 11:46 am

In addition to not posting about specific questions for at least a week, participants at tomorrow's Mill should meet at Cobb Hall (room 207) between 9:00 and 9:30 in the morning.

See you then,

Andrew