MATTE Registration

Old college threads.
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

MATTE Registration

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

So, MATTE will take place on the Sunday after Mill, to be clear, in case anyone was wondering. Now that that's taken care of, I would like to know who is playing. So far I have one confirmed team. Please email me at ekwartler at gmail dot com if you intend to play or if you're a free agent looking for a partner. You don't have to have a theme picked for your packet. You don't technically have to write a packet, but you know you want to. Also, packet deadline is extended to May 12th. Thank you.

EK
Eric Kwartler
Alumnus, University of Texas School of Law
Chris Frankel
Rikku

Post by Chris Frankel »

Can you please set a specific time range and number of rounds (and solicit official registrations if you haven't already)? My transportation plans (and I imagine I'm not the only) appear to be contingent on when your tournament is happening.
"They sometimes get fooled by the direction a question is going to take, and that's intentional," said Reid. "The players on these teams are so good that 90 percent of the time they could interrupt the question and give the correct answer if the questions didn't take those kinds of turns. That wouldn't be fun to watch, so every now and then as I design these suckers, I say to myself, 'Watch this!' and wait 'til we're on camera. I got a lot of dirty looks this last tournament."
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

I'd like to remind everyone that MATTE is looming on the horizon now that it's May. I am extending the packet deadline to May 12th. Also, teams officially signed up:

Yaphe/Litvak
Cohn/Ferarri
Teitler/Koo

Surely more people wish to play; that list doesn't even encompass the people that have promised me packets. Just email me at ekwartler at gmail dot com if you wish to officially register.

Also, I hope to start by 9 AM and be done by around 2 PM, but I can't make any guarantees. The packets are short, but I hope to have many. More on that as the event gets closer.

EK
Eric Kwartler
jsagoff
Lulu

Post by jsagoff »

Bruce Arthur and I will also be participating. I will be writing a packet -- I don't know about Bruce.

--Jared
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

So, I will need readers for MATTE, I should mention. If you're interested in doing this, please email me, We can discuss what this will entail/compensation if you're interested. It's not the whole day, so come on people, lend a hand!
Eric Kwartler
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

Here is an updated team list:

Yaphe/Litvak
Cohn/Ferrari
Teitler/Koo
Weiner/Sorice
Arthur/Sagoff
Frankel/Westbrook
Jerry/???

Let me know if I'm missing someone. A lot of teams have registered just by telling me they're coming, so this list is pretty much from memory. Also, send me packets. The tournament will definitely happen, regardless of how many packets we end up having (I'm going to write as many as I can). So sign up. Also, I have one definite staff member and another almost definite staff member, I could probably use one more at this point given the field (hoping that another team signs up). If you're interested in staffing MATTE, please email me.
Eric Kwartler
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

All right, here's the final field for MATTE:

Yaphe/Litvak
Cohn/Ferrari
Teitler/Koo
Weiner/Sorice
Arthur/Sagoff
Frankel/Westbrook
Jerry/Vinokurov

The tournament will take place in the same building as the Mill (Cobb Hall), starting PROMPTLY at 9 AM. Be in Cobb 207 at 8:45. We will be done by 2 PM. There will also be food provided. I will see you all there.
Eric Kwartler
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

If anyone is interested in playing with me at MATTE, let me know. I've already submitted a packet, so you wouldn't even have to write.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance