EFT commentary

Old college threads.
No Rules Westbrook
Auron

Post by No Rules Westbrook »

Heh, about half of the time I get behind Jerry's vitriol and about half of the time I quibble or moderate it. This time I will not hesitate to support him. If that's insensitive, then for god's sake, say something logical or halfway defensible next time.

Yosa Buson, Kobayashi Issa, "By Any Other Name" by Santha Rama Rau, "A Devoted Son" by Desai, Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga, Le Ly Hayslip, Joy Kogawa
What!? Yeah, go ahead and write tus on these, and we'll see how many good players get them, let alone high school players that are supposedly super exposed to them.

Stuff like Nectar in a Sieve, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, Anita Desai, Walcott, Cortazar, etc. are not all that hard...but certainly too hard for new players. And, of course, they have come up numerous times just like all the other stuff you mentioned. Female writers underrepresented!? Sorry, that clunk was the sound of me falling out of my chair laughing.

Yeah, and everything else Jerry said.
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Ryan Westbrook wrote:Sorry, that clunk was the sound of me falling out of my chair laughing.
Shh... did you hear that, Ryan? That was the sound of the canon expanding.
Summoned Skull
Lulu

Post by Summoned Skull »

Speaking strictly as a freshman player who hasn't been exposed to a large number of collegiate level questions, I thought that most of them were well written and not terribly far beyond the difficulty that I would expect of a college-level tournament, albeit a shocking transition from high school.