Announcement: ABD2007

Old college threads.
mmb5
Lulu

Announcement: ABD2007

Post by mmb5 »

Michigan Buzzer Competitions (MBC), in conjunction with Michigan Association Competitions (MAC), the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and the Mozilla Developer Center (MDC), is proud to present Ann B. Davis 2007 - Twelve Trashy Men to be held on Sunday, 14 January 2007 on the Central Campus of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, the day after the Michigan MLK Memorial Academic Tournament. This is the 12th edition of the best trash tournament held anywhere in Washtenaw County.
Any other questions, please contact Mike Burger at mmb5 <at> earthlink.net or Craig Barker at cdbarker <at> umich.edu

--Mike Burger and Craig Barker
cdbarker
Lulu

Mirrors/Packet Swaps for ABD2007

Post by cdbarker »

If your program is interested in swapping packets with the Ann B. Davis 2007, please email me at cdbarker at umich dot edu and we'll discuss what we can be worked out. We'd be looking for Trash packets to fill out a few playoff rounds and the like.

If you're interested in mirroring the ABD2007, please use the email address above to discuss an arrangement. We'd like to talk to our previous partners as well as any potential new sites.

Thank you.
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

If nobody else is doing a New England-area mirror, I'd be interested in mirroring one week later here at Brandeis. Did BU mirror last year?
cdbarker
Lulu

Post by cdbarker »

BU has already expressed interest in mirroring and we are in discussions with them. I expect that they will have details when we get things sorted out.
mmb5
Lulu

Post by mmb5 »

For the team that registered without posting their name or whose playing on their team, you may want to consider reregistering. This would not be Illinois, BigFlax or Bob Kilner's group, I have your registrations just fine.[/i]
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

Hey,
My teams would be interested in the services of a couple free agents if any are available. Please contact me at [email protected] if you're looking for a team to hook-up with at ABD.

Later,
MaS
fizzball
Wakka

Post by fizzball »

Who wants to replace James Dinan?

Family commitments are keeping him out of the mix, so our Ann B. Davis team (Greg Sorenson, Rebecca Golden, Scott Chupack) needs a free agent. Ability to contribute to a packet would be nice, but is not essential.

We can offer:

* a competitive team (with a buzzer discount...w00t, as the kids say)
* a ride if coming from a Chicago-ish direction

Contact me at gregs70[at]sbcglobal[dot]net to discuss.
fizzball
Wakka

Post by fizzball »

Our original fourth has resurfaced; we're cool now.

mods, please delete/move.
cdbarker
Lulu

Staff

Post by cdbarker »

Hi there. Hope everyone is enjoying their breaks...as we get near the ABD 2007, a couple of quick notes from your tournament directors:

1). When you're writing a packet, please do everyone a small favor and proofread it, reading it aloud to yourself if need be. A lot of time can be saved in the editing process if everyone makes sure that what they have written makes sense when read. Thank you.

2). If you're not interested in playing, we really really could use your help in staffing. We'll feed you lunch, and we really could use the help. If you're interested in staffing, please email Mike or myself (email addresses on the announcement page) so we can send you the thanks of grateful tournament organizers.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Mike or myself. Thank you.

Craig Barker
mmb5
Lulu

Post by mmb5 »

We finally have rooms! Yay!

The initial meeting will take place at 8:45 AM in Mason Hall, Room 3437. This is the same building as last year. This is NOT the Modern Languages Building. We don't get tournaments there anymore for some reason.

Parking info, as well as a map of where Mason Hall is: http://www.mikeburger.com/mb_parking.html

--Mike
BobGHHS
Rikku

Post by BobGHHS »

Thats ok, Mason Hall was much more modern and clean than the Modern Languages Building anyways. Hopefully this year after I leave, I won't have to make an ER trip to get treated for Pleurisy.
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
cdbarker
Lulu

A Preminder--Mirrors mean a hold on public discussion.

Post by cdbarker »

Yes, a preminder

This ABD is being mirrored this weekend at Florida as well as at Boston University on February 4. As such, please do not discuss any questions from the ABD 12 in a public forum until Monday, February 5. If you would like to provide feedback on the questions (which would be appreciated by the editors), we will happily take your emails before that time, but please, no public discussion until the conclusion of the mirrors.

Thank you.
Craig Barker
cdbarker
Lulu

"Live" Stats

Post by cdbarker »

Same caveats as yesterday with the MLK, but if you're interested...

http://www.collegequizbowl.org/2007ABD/ ... dings.html
cdbarker
Lulu

In brief

Post by cdbarker »

We'll have a more specific results announcement tomorrow, including playoff scores, but for right now, please know that Bill O'Reilly's Tru Kultchur Wariers (Brian Hight, Jeremy White, Mark Richey, and James Quintong) defeated the Mighty Carson Art Players (Joe Wright, David Wallace, Geoff and Steve Zmyslowski) in the ABD finals to capture this year's title.

A major thanks to all of you who came to play this year, to Dwight Kidder, Kevin Olmstead, Donald Taylor, and John Laycock for staffing all day, and we hope sincerely that everyone made it home safely in some less than perfect weather.