Identify the bad movie quote OR abuse the previous user

Old college threads.
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.
Posts: 1975
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by Tegan »

leftsaidfred wrote:
DaGeneral wrote:I knew you'd say that.
That quote is probably from at least twenty bad movies Donald, so why don't you just go post elsewhere about how much an Illinois team sucks? HUH?

New quote:

"It's all right, it's okay! There's something to live for! Jesus told me so!"
Given LeftSaid's film ignorance, and given that I AM THE LAW, I judge him, and sentence him to twenty years in southeast Illinois or the Aspen Penal Colony ..... whichever is worse.
User avatar
Jeremy Gibbs Paradox
Rikku
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:54 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Paradox »

leftsaidfred wrote:
DaGeneral wrote:I knew you'd say that.
That quote is probably from at least twenty bad movies Donald, so why don't you just go post elsewhere about how much an Illinois team sucks? HUH?

New quote:

"It's all right, it's okay! There's something to live for! Jesus told me so!"
American Movie.

This one is a true classic: "I'm gonna go across the street and, uh, schling a schlong."
User avatar
pray for elves
Auron
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: 20001

Post by pray for elves »

When I recognize a quote from "Cold as Ice" I just have to repeat the mantra "there is no shame, only points". Curse you, allythin, for making me remember such a movie.

Here's one of my all time favorite bad movie lines:

Her: (sigh) I'm exhausted.
Him: Yeah, me too, but...you know I'm really wired. What do you say I...take you home and eat your pussy?

(And yes, the above is from a non-pornographic film, although the film could have been improved by having more graphic sex.)
User avatar
ecks
Wakka
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:03 am
Location: Springfield, IL / Kirksville, MO

Post by ecks »

DeisEvan wrote:Her: (sigh) I'm exhausted.
Him: Yeah, me too, but...you know I'm really wired. What do you say I...take you home and eat your pussy?
I'm somewhat ashamed, but I actually recognized that movie line before I googled it... it's from Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. Let me tell you, that line is quite a shocker when you're watching a movie half awake at 3 AM with a bunch of people, half of whom are drunk.

New line: "Cal honey, wake up, we're at Grandma's"
User avatar
pray for elves
Auron
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: 20001

Post by pray for elves »

I'm not going to answer the latest quote, but I figured for the benefit of those of you who haven't seen Shark Attack 3, here's the line:

Youtube link
Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Columbia, SC

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

allythin wrote:
leftsaidfred wrote:
DaGeneral wrote:I knew you'd say that.
That quote is probably from at least twenty bad movies Donald, so why don't you just go post elsewhere about how much an Illinois team sucks? HUH?

New quote:

"It's all right, it's okay! There's something to live for! Jesus told me so!"
American Movie.

This one is a true classic: "I'm gonna go across the street and, uh, schling a schlong."
The Jesus quote was in American Movie, but it was a quote from a movie within the movie. I think the movie within was called Northwestern or something. Sorry to break the flow.
Rothlover
Yuna
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:41 pm

Post by Rothlover »

The Shock Master wrote:
allythin wrote:
leftsaidfred wrote:
DaGeneral wrote:I knew you'd say that.
That quote is probably from at least twenty bad movies Donald, so why don't you just go post elsewhere about how much an Illinois team sucks? HUH?

New quote:

"It's all right, it's okay! There's something to live for! Jesus told me so!"
American Movie.

This one is a true classic: "I'm gonna go across the street and, uh, schling a schlong."
The Jesus quote was in American Movie, but it was a quote from a movie within the movie. I think the movie within was called Northwestern or something. Sorry to break the flow.
The movie in American Movie was The Coven, man.
User avatar
millionwaves
Auron
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Contact:

Post by millionwaves »

ecks wrote:
DeisEvan wrote:Her: (sigh) I'm exhausted.
Him: Yeah, me too, but...you know I'm really wired. What do you say I...take you home and eat your pussy?
I'm somewhat ashamed, but I actually recognized that movie line before I googled it... it's from Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. Let me tell you, that line is quite a shocker when you're watching a movie half awake at 3 AM with a bunch of people, half of whom are drunk.

New line: "Cal honey, wake up, we're at Grandma's"
Wow, CHRISTOPHER STONE, you've posted a quote that neither google, nor yahoo, nor imdb can identify, which makes you GEORGE RYAN's PRISON BITCH in my book.

However - there is redeeming quality in having Springfield listed as a location, so I take it all back. Where the hell IS that quote from?

Also, new quote:

"Everything I've ever cared about, everything I've worked for, it's all been in preparation for a future that no longer exists. I know you always thought I took the competition too seriously. You were right. It was all for nothing.

No, I just said that to avoid admitting the truth.

The truth about what?

About why I joined the team. I joined it because of you."
User avatar
bigdogstalfos
Lulu
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by bigdogstalfos »

The quote about Cal is from Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie. Yeah, that's right.
User avatar
millionwaves
Auron
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Contact:

Post by millionwaves »

Much obliged, kupo!
User avatar
ecks
Wakka
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:03 am
Location: Springfield, IL / Kirksville, MO

Post by ecks »

bigdogstalfos wrote:The quote about Cal is from Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie. Yeah, that's right.
Ding ding! We have a winner! Maybe since it's MST3K it's more of a meta-quote than a real quote... kinda like the American/Coven thing.
User avatar
fool_by_compulsion
Lulu
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:37 pm
Location: Blake HS, Silver Spring, MD

Post by fool_by_compulsion »

ecks wrote:Ding ding! We have a winner! Maybe since it's MST3K it's more of a meta-quote than a real quote... kinda like the American/Coven thing.
The movie featured in the MST3K feature movie was "This Island Earth," an absolutely horrible flick, though admittedly not as bad as some of the pictures sporked by that show (Manos, mentioned previously, ranks fairly high, I'd say...)
millionwaves wrote:"Everything I've ever cared about, everything I've worked for, it's all been in preparation for a future that no longer exists. I know you always thought I took the competition too seriously. You were right. It was all for nothing.

No, I just said that to avoid admitting the truth.

The truth about what?

About why I joined the team. I joined it because of you."
The Day After Tomorrow, at least according to Google (in which, I understand, there is a quiz bowl scene, but not an accurate one...too bad...)

New quote:
Suddenly there was no trail. There was no giant, no monster, no thing called Douglas to be followed. There was nothing in the tunnel but the puzzled men of courage who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and darkness. With the telegram, one cloud lifts, and another descends. Astronaut Frank Douglas, rescued, alive, well, and of normal size some 8000 miles away in a lifeboat.

One of the <sarcasm>best</sarcasm> endings to a movie anywhere. Ever. I dare you to find a better one.
"Enter a messenger with two heads and a hand." -- Titus Andronicus

"Exit, pursued by a bear." -- The Winter's Tale
User avatar
bigdogstalfos
Lulu
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by bigdogstalfos »

That would be Monster a-Go-Go, or however it's hyphenated. If anyone gets this bad boy, I'll be impressed:

"This is Chin's territory. He wouldn't like you."
"Who the (insert expletive here) is Chin?"
User avatar
AKKOLADE
Sin
Posts: 15648
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:08 am

Post by AKKOLADE »

ecks wrote:kinda like the American/Coven thing.
I posted that quote so I could screw things up.
User avatar
dxdtdemon
Rikku
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Beavercreek, OH

Post by dxdtdemon »

My server went haywire and I accidentally posted the answer to one that someone else already got. Sorry.
User avatar
Captain Sinico
Auron
Posts: 2869
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:46 pm
Location: Champaign, Illinois

Post by Captain Sinico »

quantumfootball wrote:My server went haywire and I accidentally posted the answer to one that someone else already got. Sorry.
God damnit, Jonathan Graham, that's the worst movie quote I've ever heard.

Okay, here's one.

[throws television out window] "Take that, fuckers!" [grabs broken window]

MaS
User avatar
millionwaves
Auron
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Contact:

Post by millionwaves »

Even without Google, Mike, I can tell you that that's from Pink Floyd's The Wall, which is just trippy enough to merit inclusion in this thread.

Continuing with a theme here, the new quote is:

"Now shut up!"

"Shut up- to me? I've had enough of it! I can't stand it any more! I'm gettin' off! Off!"

"Don't get historical!"
User avatar
orangecrayon
Wakka
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:04 pm
Location: Tulsa, Okla.

Post by orangecrayon »

Another trippy movie: "Magical Mystery Tour."

Next quotation:
-- "Heidi! You've been overeating again, haven't you?"
-- "Uhm, no."
-- "Then why is there black forest cake in your cleavage?"
User avatar
millionwaves
Auron
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Contact:

Post by millionwaves »

Ha, this is Meet the Feebles, of course - fine choice indeed.

New quote:

"Anybody wanna go fly a kite with me tonight? I hear it's great weather for flying KITES! I wonder if there's any KITES around here we can fly!"
"Hey listen, Cavanaugh. It's not kite, it's KIKE! K-I-K-E, "kike." You know, you're too stupid to even be a good bigot!"
User avatar
shlack
Lulu
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:45 am
Location: Ohio, U-S-A!

Post by shlack »

Porky's. The greatest movie to come out of Canada since. . .well, since ever.

New quote:
"We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang?"
User avatar
AKKOLADE
Sin
Posts: 15648
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:08 am

Post by AKKOLADE »

What is Porky's and Big Trouble in Little China doing in the bad movie thread?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, co-owner
PACE
former (?) hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
User avatar
Matthew D
Yuna
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Scenic Grant Alabama

Post by Matthew D »

That would be Big Trouble in Little China spoken by Jack Burten

"YOU LIAR! You know what I'm going to about this....Absolutely nothing, because if go to court, it'll just drain eight hours of my life I'll never get back, and you'll probably stiff me anyway.
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.
Posts: 1975
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by Tegan »

Can any Jim Carey movie ... evne Liar, Liar be that bad?

And I second: Big Trouble in Little China cannot be on a "bad movie" list.


Next:
"Maam, for you I missed my nuptuals for the first time in decades .... that's how much I want you. I know I'm a ghost and a murderer but forget about all that ....."
User avatar
No Sollositing On Premise
Yuna
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

That's from High Spirits, starring Peter O'Toole and Darryl Hanah (the ghost with the quote). Awful movie.

Howzabout this one:

"Really? Well... what does 'no-no Grampy three-dee grr' mean?"

If you know this one, then you should be ashamed of yourself.
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
User avatar
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator
Posts: 5803
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 am

Post by theMoMA »

Dude, why would you even bring up the Land Before Time? That's one of the recent ones I think...I'd guess seven if I had to.

"Life is NOT a malfunction!"
User avatar
shlack
Lulu
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:45 am
Location: Ohio, U-S-A!

Post by shlack »

leftsaidfred wrote:What is Porky's and Big Trouble in Little China doing in the bad movie thread?
Both feature Kim Catrall. Does anything else need to be said?
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.
Posts: 1975
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by Tegan »

theMoMA wrote:Dude, why would you even bring up the Land Before Time? That's one of the recent ones I think...I'd guess seven if I had to.

"Life is NOT a malfunction!"
Guessing cold, I suspect that this is Short Circuit ....... not only mid-late Steve Gutenberg making it an automatic awful film, but borderlne racist at times. If I've got it right, a truly worthy film for a bad film thread.
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.
Posts: 1975
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by Tegan »

shlack wrote:
leftsaidfred wrote:What is Porky's and Big Trouble in Little China doing in the bad movie thread?
Both feature Kim Catrall. Does anything else need to be said?
Oh c'mon! Would you damn Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country then?
User avatar
No Sollositing On Premise
Yuna
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

theMoMA wrote:Dude, why would you even bring up the Land Before Time? That's one of the recent ones I think...I'd guess seven if I had to.

"Life is NOT a malfunction!"
WRONG. It's the sixth one. I demand satisfaction! Or an insult to my person, for the sake of following the rules.
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
Locked