Spider-Man 3

Old college threads.
geekjohnson
Wakka

Spider-Man 3

Post by geekjohnson »

Woo is me. Any one care to share their frustration with this?
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I do not know what you are frustrated about?

I'm still frustrated over the wooden acting from the first one.
DH TTHS
Lulu
Location: about 15 miles north of that joke of a city Dayton, Ohio

Post by DH TTHS »

Batman>Spiderman
Demetrius Haas
THE TIPPECANOE HIGH SCHOOL

This season dedicated in memory of Barbaro and Anna Nichole Smith.

RIP
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

DH TTHS wrote:Batman>Spiderman
DAMN, right!!! Batman owns Spiderman!!! OWNS him!!!
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

quizbowllee wrote:DAMN, right!!! Batman owns Spiderman!!! OWNS him!!!
i'm batman
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

Post by Frater Taciturnus »

Matt Weiner wrote:
quizbowllee wrote:DAMN, right!!! Batman owns Spiderman!!! OWNS him!!!
i'm batman
Whatever you say, Mr. Keaton.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

YOU ALL TAKE THAT BACK!! Spiderman would shoot his web <phtew, phtew> and, and web up batman and then beat him all up, and then web up Robin and the Batmobie, and, and then beat them all up.

Spiderman is like a jillion times better than Batman ..... besides Spiderman has a GIRLfriend and Batman doesn't so there, nyeh!
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

itt aquman punch you in the face with a carp
AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

Post by AndyShootsAndyScores »

Tegan wrote:Spiderman is like a jillion times better than Batman ..... besides Spiderman has a GIRLfriend and Batman doesn't so there, nyeh!
Yeah, well, Batman has ROBIN!
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
University of Alabama, '12
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

What about Cat woman. Those two got a little frisky, if I remember properly.

Plus, in Batman Begins there was that DA chick who he likes
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

charlieDfromNKC wrote:What about Cat woman. Those two got a little frisky, if I remember properly.

Plus, in Batman Begins there was that DA chick who he likes
yeah, but George Clooney has admitted that he played Batman gay.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

I hate you all for insulting Batman.

<assumes fetal position in a corner and cries>

Batman's the shit.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

charlieDfromNKC wrote:Batman's the shit.
You should transfer to Brindlee Mountain and play on my team. I'll let you be captain.

I'll see what dad says about Gunthersille tonight :grin:

quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

charlieDfromNKC wrote:I'll see what dad says about Gunthersille tonight :grin:
It's GUNTERSVILLE. And I look forward to working with you!

Yeah, Brindlee Mountain might just be an improvement over the ridiculous gangsta school NKC has become in the last year or so.
-Edit- note the new avatar.

wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Matt Keller = Spiderman
geekjohnson
Wakka

Post by geekjohnson »

Yes, I agree. Matt Keller = Tobey Maguire
mlaird
Tidus

Post by mlaird »

Tobey Maguire=Conor Oberst of notorious emo-band Bright Eyes
Compare:
Spiderman and Mr. Oberst
DH TTHS
Lulu

Post by DH TTHS »

Wow, look what I started. Congrats to Lee and Charlie for see that Batman is indeed the shit, and would kill Spiderman. Spiderman has a freaking web, that's it. How would he ever take down Batman with some stupid web and above average acrobat skills? Plus spiderman is mentally weak. Look at the second movie: being a superhero got so hard on poor little spiderman that he decided to quit and go back to school. Go back to school for Christ's sake!! Could you see Batman quiting because it got to tough. I think not.
Demetrius Haas

RIP
AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

mlaird wrote:Tobey Maguire=Conor Oberst of notorious emo-band Bright Eyes
Compare:
Spiderman and Mr. Oberst
Not that big of a resemblance between the two.
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

charlieDfromNKC wrote:Yeah, Brindlee Mountain might just be an improvement over the ridiculous gangsta school NKC has become in the last year or so.
-Edit- note the new avatar.
mine's better, AND my school is more gangsta'
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
The Doctor
Lulu

Post by The Doctor »

Since when is Batman the shit? I would like to see some concrete evidence that Batman is better than Spiderman. Go out and look for some, I dare you.

You won't find any, by the way. Spiderman would totally rule Batman's ass in a fight.
"Take that, internet and your up-to-date stuff!"

--Craig Ferguson
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

The Doctor wrote:Since when is Batman the shit? I would like to see some concrete evidence that Batman is better than Spiderman. Go out and look for some, I dare you.
You won't find any, by the way. Spiderman would totally rule Batman's ass in a fight.
Spider-Man has better powers on paper, but you're forgetting the most important rule of comics, which is that Batman always wins.
Last edited by Matt Weiner on Thu May 10, 2007 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Dazzler so gonna dazzle you boooooom
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Matt Weiner wrote:Spider-Man has better powers on paper, but you're forgetting the most important rule of comics, which is that Batman always wins.
While I am not a comics nerd, I do understand the rule that Spider-Man is unstoppable if Mary Jane is in trouble. I need a clarification - if Batman has endangered MJ, which of these rules would take precedence?
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

leftsaidfred wrote:While I am not a comics nerd, I do understand the rule that Spider-Man is unstoppable if Mary Jane is in trouble. I need a clarification - if Batman has endangered MJ, which of these rules would take precedence?
Batman has already gone back in time and irradiated his own spider, which he then convinced to bite him by insulting its sister. He's eight moves ahead and you've already lost.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipoop
DH TTHS
Lulu

Post by DH TTHS »

The argument is pointless because Batman resides in the DC comics universe while spiderman resides in the marvel comics universe, thus they could never fight. If they could though Batman would win, because spiderman is soft. I mean come on, the only guy he ever killed was his uncle.
Demetrius Haas

RIP
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

DH TTHS wrote:The argument is pointless because Batman resides in the DC comics universe while spiderman resides in the marvel comics universe, thus they could never fight. If they could though Batman would win, because spiderman is soft. I mean come on, the only guy he ever killed was his uncle.
There might be some kind of a wormhole that goes through the Dark Horse universe or something.
DH TTHS
Lulu

Post by DH TTHS »

Matt Weiner wrote:Image
I stand corrected.
Demetrius Haas

RIP
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

I believe Spiderman accidentally offed his first girlfriend while performing a "rescue," thus casting the whole "unstoppable if Mary Jane is in trouble" thing into a reasonable amount of suspicion.

I'm of the opinion that both Spiderman and Batman are pretty solid characters, and forcing them into some kind of contest for your own nefarious purposes just seems wrong. Legion of Doom wrong. If any of you are Gorilla Grodd, the second most racist DC comics hero behind Apache Chief, please step forward and destroy Chicago.

Also, could we have a "Misadventures in Super Heroing" avatar them sometime?
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

AndyBrindlee Mountain wrote:
mlaird wrote:Tobey Maguire=Conor Oberst of notorious emo-band Bright Eyes
Compare:
Spiderman and Mr. Oberst
Not that big of a resemblance between the two.
The resemblance is that they're both whiny pussies who suck at what they do. The physical appearance thing, maybe not all that much.

SPiderman sucks. It's that simple. Batman is so impressive because he's a regular dude who just happens to kick ass without benefit of a true power. Spiderman just sucks ass instead.

quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

Actually, there was a Spiderman/Batman crossover comic. Like all crossovers, the two fight to a draw before deciding to join forces against a common enemy.

However, in The Dark Knight Returns - by FRANK MILLER - an elderly Batman kicks the crap out of SUPERMAN! If he can take Superman, he could bitch slap Spidey.

The key is Batman's smarts. Even though Spiderman is technically stronger than Batman, Batman will FIGURE OUT a way to win. Always. That's why he's awesome.

Also, Batman would pwn everyone at quizbowl. Pwn them. And I hate the word "pwn." Because it's not a word.
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

quizbowllee wrote:
However, in The Dark Knight Returns - by FRANK MILLER - an elderly Batman kicks the crap out of SUPERMAN! If he can take Superman, he could bitch slap Spidey.

The key is Batman's smarts. Even though Spiderman is technically stronger than Batman, Batman will FIGURE OUT a way to win. Always. That's why he's awesome.
Hold on! Bruce Wayne pays off the Green Arrow to fire a kryptonie tipped arrow taht explodes right next to Superman in the middle of a fight...only to see the Batman gloat over Superman as to how he always wanted to say he beat him ...... that's a pretty weak victory! Spiderman's too poor to pay off anyone ....

And what's this "Spiderman's too dumb?" He was on the chess team ..... he's majoring in science ...... he's not an idiot! Maybe inexperienced, but not dumb.
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

Tegan wrote:
quizbowllee wrote:

Hold on! Bruce Wayne pays off the Green Arrow to fire a kryptonie tipped arrow taht explodes right next to Superman in the middle of a fight...only to see the Batman gloat over Superman as to how he always wanted to say he beat him ...... that's a pretty weak victory! Spiderman's too poor to pay off anyone ....

And what's this "Spiderman's too dumb?" He was on the chess team ..... he's majoring in science ...... he's not an idiot! Maybe inexperienced, but not dumb.
DUH. Did I not say that Batman would FIGURE OUT a way to win? If that means a wing man with a kryptonite arrow, then so freakin' be it! Superman was a dumbass for meeting Batman on his own terms. That's what Batman does: finds a weakness and exploits it. No, Batman couldn't take Superman in a freakin' boxing match with Queensbury rules.

Batman figures out a plan that allows him to beat SUPERMAN and you're going to say that it was weak and unfair! It was SUPERMAN. Of course he had to do SOMETHING. Jesus, man... SUPERMAN. What kind of dumbass would Batman be to go into a serious fight with the man of steel without a plan?

Same goes for Spiderman. Batman would come up with a way to win. Then, some pathetic fanboys will cry foul because Batman "cheated." Give me a break.

Were we cheating when we dropped an A-bomb on Hiroshima? 'Cuz that's what Batman does. He drops mental A-bombs on any mutated, alien, or otherwise physically-enhanced fools who mess with him. Recognize.
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

quizbowllee wrote:DUH. Did I not say that Batman would FIGURE OUT a way to win? If that means a wing man with a kryptonite arrow, then so freakin' be it! Superman was a dumbass for meeting Batman on his own terms. That's what Batman does: finds a weakness and exploits it. No, Batman couldn't take Superman in a freakin' boxing match with Queensbury rules.

Batman figures out a plan that allows him to beat SUPERMAN and you're going to say that it was weak and unfair! It was SUPERMAN. Of course he had to do SOMETHING. Jesus, man... SUPERMAN. What kind of dumbass would Batman be to go into a serious fight with the man of steel without a plan?

Same goes for Spiderman. Batman would come up with a way to win. Then, some pathetic fanboys will cry foul because Batman "cheated." Give me a break.

Were we cheating when we dropped an A-bomb on Hiroshima? 'Cuz that's what Batman does. He drops mental A-bombs on any mutated, alien, or otherwise physically-enhanced fools who mess with him. Recognize.
Lee, I had no idea you had such strong feelings on this topic.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
AndyShootsAndyScores
Yuna

Yeah, he is pretty admant about Batman being the greatest person ever to exist, but don't mention that he doesn't exist to him. He might be unaware of that fact...
Andy Knowles
Brindlee Mountain, '08
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

June is Batman Kicking Superman In The Face Month

quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

Matt Weiner wrote:June is Batman Kicking Superman In The Face Month

With his big-ass BOOT!
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Lee is the goddamn Batman
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

leftsaidfred wrote:Lee is the goddamn Batman
What are you Dense? Are you retarded or something? Of course he is!
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

Dude... shut up... you're blowing my cover!!!
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

quizbowllee wrote:
Dude... shut up... you're blowing my cover!!!
What cover? It's not like it's classified information. And besides, everyone knows I'm the Green Lantern, so to have another hero come out is a good thing!
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------

Greatest thread ever.

Frater Taciturnus
Auron

charlieDfromNKC wrote:Greatest thread ever.
This is starting to border on AHAN Jr. territory, and may be the best trainwreck ever too.

EDIT: in 100 posts, I will have enough to fight an army of Spammer invaders.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

Just stop <<sniffle, sniffle>> stop it all of you

<<curls into fetal position>>