Official Announcement: Science Monstrosity V

Old college threads.
ulls66
Lulu

Official Announcement: Science Monstrosity V

Post by ulls66 »

I'd like to officially announce Science Monstrosity V: The World's Coulombian Exposition, which will be held in conjunction with the Chicago Open. The likely slot for this event will be Sunday, August 5th, following the Peter Whiffle Trash Tournament.

This will be an event for teams of one or two players, with no restrictions on eligibility. Tournament entry is free with packet submission.

Rounds will consist of 20 tossups, no bonuses (solo players may submit 10 tossups), and should ideally be around ACF Regionals science in average difficulty. Tossups should be between 5 and 8 lines in length when written in 10pt. Times New Roman. Packets should be submitted in either Microsoft Word (.doc) or OpenDocument Text (.odt) formats.

The distribution should be as follows:

Chemistry 4
Physics 4
Biology 4
Math/Computer Science/Engineering 3
Earth Sciences/Astronomy 3
Other 2

Note: "Other" may be science biography or science history. There should be no more than 1 question in any round on these topics. This category can also include questions from any of the other categories.

This being a free tournament, and with this official announcement coming this late and with the fact that the tournament director himself has historically been a glacially slow question writer, I can't really hold people to packet deadlines. Please just get them to me as soon as you can so I have some time to edit them.

If you would like to register a team or have any questions, please post in this thread or email me at [email protected] .

-Andrew Ullsperger
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

If anyone has entered a packet or whatever but doesn't have a partner, I have randomly decided to be a free agent for this. I'm not a horrible biology player...although I'm probably not that great compared to the dinos playing.

If you care my email is charlie16 at gmail.com.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Ok, this "tournament" is now up on the Quizbowl Cast. Check out http://www.doc-ent.com/qbc (episodes 11), or just subscribe to the XML feed and they'll download automatically.
Mike Bentley
VP of Editing, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008