Great Lakes TRASH Regionals, Sat. 11/10/07, at Michigan

Old college threads.
cdbarker
Lulu

Great Lakes TRASH Regionals, Sat. 11/10/07, at Michigan

Post by cdbarker »

(cross-posted with Y! group and targeted specific emails)

Michigan Academic Competitions and its alumni are pleased to announce that we will be hosting the Great Lakes TRASH Regional Tournament at the University of Michigan on Saturday, November 10, 2007. We will begin the games at 9:00 AM with tournament registration beginning at 8:30 AM. Further specific location details will be announced at a later date, but any specific logistics questions you may have right now can be included in any inquiry email. We will do our best to conclude the tournament by 6:00 PM EST.

TRASH Regionals are the primary vehicle by which teams qualify for TRASHionals, so if you are interested in playing in TRASHionals, you should do your best to attend this or another TRASH regional. For specific questions about TRASH Regionals as a whole, please direct them to Mark Coen ( mcoen_bu -at- yahoo -dot- com). For questions regarding this specific TRASH Regional, please contact me, Craig Barker, at (cdbarker -at- gmail -dot- com)

Pricing Structure:
First team: $90
Second team: $80
Third team: $70
Fourth team and beyond: $65, with a $5 discount per team until $50

Dedicated staff: -$15 per staff member
Working buzzers: -$10 per set

Any team interested in playing should email the tournament director, Craig Barker (cdbarker -at- gmail -dot- com), with the following information:

Your name
Your school affiliation (if any)
Your team's name(s) (if you don't have one, you'll get one out of the list of team names I have never been able to use.)
Your contact email addresses (mostly for registrations with multiple teams)
The number of dedicated staff you intend to bring (dedicated staff is defined as a person who shall staff the entire tournament as either a moderator or scorekeeper, to be assigned at the discretion of the tournament director. (However, if you have a preference, please let us know so we can make the best use of you.)
The number of working buzzers you intend to bring.
Any questions related to the tournament that you might have.

We're looking forward to seeing as many teams as possible, however, due to logistical concerns, we are going to need to cap the number of teams at this Regional site at 18, so if you're interested, please email me as soon as possible to reserve your spot.

Thank you,

Craig Barker
Tournament Director
Great Lakes TRASH Regionals
cdbarker
Lulu

Status update

Post by cdbarker »

Not a whole lot to report. We have some teams registered, we'd certainly like some more teams, so if you're interested, please email me to register, or even if you just have questions, by all means let me know.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from interested parties soon.

Craig Barker
TD, TRASH Great Lakes Regionals
cdbarker
Lulu

Status update--October 30

Post by cdbarker »

With a little over a week to go before registration closes (Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 5:00 PM), we currently have three teams registered:

What About Rob?
Bowling Green
Bob Kilner's Team to be Named Later

It should be noted that What About Rob? is looking for free agents, so if you are interested in joining them, please let me know and I will put you in touch with them.

So, if you're interested in playing, please let me know, if only so I can get a feel for the general size of the tournament we'll be hosting. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Craig Barker
TD, 2007 Great Lakes TRASH Regionals
cdbarker
Lulu

Field Update--Saturday, November 3

Post by cdbarker »

We're up to four with the addition of a Michigan undergrad team, so there are still plenty of spots available. If you're interested, we'd love to have you. Please contact me at cdbarker _at_ gmail -dot- com with any questions or your registration. Thank you.

Craig Barker
TRASH Great Lakes Regional
BobGHHS
Rikku

Post by BobGHHS »

Craig, Joe said he registered last night with you, so is the total going to be 5, or did you pick up any more this past week?
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
cdbarker
Lulu

Post by cdbarker »

BobGHHS wrote:Craig, Joe said he registered last night with you, so is the total going to be 5, or did you pick up any more this past week?
Based on that addition, we should have six for a double round robin. Full details will be going out in tonight's email to teams, but if you have any pressing questions, please feel free to email me straight away.

CDB
cdbarker
Lulu

Stats Update

Post by cdbarker »

You can follow along with our small but spirited tournament by clicking
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/2007TRAS ... dings.html

Have a great day.
cdbarker
Lulu

Results and Gratitude

Post by cdbarker »

Ladies and gentlemen:

Here are the brief results for 2007 Great Lakes TRASH Regionals. Congratulations to "What About Rob?" (Steve Traicoff, Rob Long, Jon Rosenthal, and Trevor) for running the table, a perfect 10-0 to claim the regional championship.

Steve Traicoff was also your leading scorer with 49 PPG, and earned a pair of promotional boxer shorts from the 2007 film Mr. Woodcock for his troubles. Dr. Wilson (ably played by Andy Kravis of UM's Unverified Voracity) and Justin from Michael J. Fox Bobblehead Night earned 36 PPG, good enough for second place.

My thanks to:
Andy Kravis, for doing all of the leg work, asking all of the right questions, and making my life much easier.
Mike Burger, Kevin Olmstead, Anne Traicoff, Deskin Miller, and Michael for reading for us.
Mike Burger for procuring our fabulous prizes.
All of you who made this tournament a success.

Stats may be found at this link.
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/2007TRAS ... dings.html

Genuinely, I hope that all of you (teams and readers of this posting) can make it for the 13th Annual Ann B. Davis Pop Culture Tournament in January. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions with regard to that.

Have a nice weekend and we hope to see you again soon.

Craig Barker
Tournament Director, 2007 Great Lakes TRASH Regionals