ACF Nationals stats

Old college threads.
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

ACF Nationals stats

Post by theMoMA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:53 pm

As many of you know, some of the ACF Nats stats have been lost in the e-ether. The two most recent ones that were entered into SQBS do exist, and I've hosted them on my webspace until Jerry decides to update the ACF website.

Nats 05

Nats 06

Nats 06 (prelims)

vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:27 pm

Also, since our student org server changed over the summer, the link to the '07 Nats stats in the archived results thread here is no longer correct. They should be on the ACF archive soon, but here they are in case anyone wanted to reminisce.

Prelim standings

Playoff standings

grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Sorry!
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance

theMoMA

Post by theMoMA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 pm

grapesmoker wrote:Yeah, I'll get right on that. Sorry!
The stats for the other Nats are on the internet archive of Jason Paik's webspace. There are .zip files of the stats on the site (apparently the archive actually saved those) that might make it possible to enter them into SQBS. I'm going to investigate that possibility, and if it's true, I can probably work on getting those up to speed.

theMoMA

Post by theMoMA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:28 pm

Okay, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to garner any reasonably useful SQBS stats from what exists on the Paik site. Unless someone has the individual game results in terms of players and tossups scored...otherwise, I don't even think there's a way to ascertain PPB.

Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:28 pm

I tried downloading them the other day, and they didn't work when I tried opening them with winrar. Maybe other softwares can work?
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.

theMoMA

Post by theMoMA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:31 pm

gkandlikar wrote:I tried downloading them the other day, and they didn't work when I tried opening them with winrar. Maybe other softwares can work?
They do work. You just need to repair them using the "repair" option in Winrar.

plujan
Lulu

Post by plujan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:55 pm

The 2004 stats will require some work, but I think as long as you have total points scored (which you do) and total number of TUs and negs (which you do; they're in the Team Reports) you can calculate the bonus conversion.

The other years are also nontrivial to extract information from, but it can be done:

2003 TU stats
2003 bonus stats

2002 stats

2001 stats

The '02 and '03 stats you could definitely enter into SQBS, since they appear to have all the information you could find on a scoresheet. The other years, it looks like too much information has been lost, but it's still a heck of a lot better than nothing.