TRASH 2008-09 Season: Call For Hosts

Old college threads.
Kilby
Lulu

TRASH 2008-09 Season: Call For Hosts

Post by Kilby »

TRASH would like to invite teams to consider hosting either the next TRASH Regionals or TRASHionals.

TRASH Regionals 2008 will be held this fall, probably in November. In addition to financial incentives, all hosts that follow our guidelines will receive an automatic bid to TRASHionals 12. For more information or to submit a bid, please contact our Regionals coordinator Mark Coen (markcoen [at] gmail [dot] com).

TRASHionals 12 will be held on a weekend in Spring 2009 that is to be determined, most like in April or late March. In addition to being a fun weekend, there are major financial incentives for hosting. For more information or to submit a bid, please e-mail me (john [dot] kilby [at] gmail [dot] com).
Last edited by Kilby on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Kilby
UTC (2001 - 2005)
TRASH Staff (2006 - 2009)
Matt Weiner
Sin

Re: TRASH 2008-09 Season: Call For Hosts

Post by Matt Weiner »

Kilby wrote:TRASH Regionals 2008 will be held the weekend of November 8-9, 2008.
Really?
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Matt Weiner wrote:
Kilby wrote:TRASH Regionals 2008 will be held the weekend of November 8-9, 2008.
Really?
Hasn't it been the case in the past where ACF Fall usually occured on Saturday and TRASH Regionals occured on Sunday? I don't see any big problems with this unless there's something I'm missing.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Mr. Kwalter
Tidus

Post by Mr. Kwalter »

This has not been "the case" in the past. A few years ago ACF partnered with TRASH to hold the tournaments on the same weekend, and certain trash partisans not speaking officially for TRASH accused ACF, destroyer of worlds, of trying to undermine TRASH, which was, of course, blatantly false. That being said, ACF is interested in renewing this partnership, and I've emailed John about it. Hopefully we will be able to come to an agreement that will allow TRASH regionals and ACF Fall to coexist on the weekend in question to the benefit of both organizations.
Eric Kwartler
Alumnus, University of Texas School of Law
Kilby
Lulu

Post by Kilby »

My apologies for not checking the date ahead of time. For a number of years (at least as long as I've been playing and now working for TRASH), TRASH Regionals have always taken place on the weekend following Election Day. For now, I've edited the post.

Eric, I'll get back to your e-mail. Thanks for the catch.
John Kilby
UTC (2001 - 2005)
TRASH Staff (2006 - 2009)
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

I am sure Berry College has been thrown around for a possible place to hold the tournament, I, as a loyal Berry College student and avid trash player, would just like to implore that the consideration of Berry come to a satisfying conclusion. For those who do not know, Berry College is located in Rome, Italy...sorry Georgia, about 30-40 min north of atlanta. I have been to a few trash tournaments in my short lifespan, most notably the UTC tournament this past summer, which was fantastic, great job Charlie. And I know we can host a great trash tournament and would be an ideal place for trash regionals to be held. Now I am sure the decision is still in the beginning phase, I am just throwing our bid into the ring. I know people would love it. So come on down to the best Rome, this side of Italy!!!
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?