Taft now supports playoff brackets

Old college threads.
BuzzerZen
Auron

Taft now supports playoff brackets

Post by BuzzerZen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:30 pm

As of last night, Taft now supports separate prelim and playoff brackets, as you can see in the stats for Prison Bowl II. I've been wanting to get playoff brackets working for a while, since it's a pretty critical feature for college tournaments, which are generally expected to provide differentiated prelim and playoff stats these days. I hope this addition entices more of you to consider using Taft at your next tournament. It does still cost $25, but it is also still web-based and platform-independent and still provides instant and real-time web availability for your stats.
Evan Silberman
Hampshire College 07F

How are you actually reading one of my posts?

fleurdelivre
Tidus

Re: Taft now supports playoff brackets

Post by fleurdelivre » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:53 pm

BuzzerZen wrote:As of last night, Taft now supports separate prelim and playoff brackets, as you can see in the stats for Prison Bowl II. I've been wanting to get playoff brackets working for a while, since it's a pretty critical feature for college tournaments, which are generally expected to provide differentiated prelim and playoff stats these days. I hope this addition entices more of you to consider using Taft at your next tournament. It does still cost $25, but it is also still web-based and platform-independent and still provides instant and real-time web availability for your stats.
Perhaps the most fun thing about Prison Bowl was never having to leave my room - packets in PDF, scoresheets in Excel, stats-entering via Taft, protest-resolution through IRC...same amount of time, none of the running around. I would be pretty happy if more TDs set up this way...
Katy
Vanderbilt '06 / Harvard '11 / freelance moderator

Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Re: Taft now supports playoff brackets

Post by Red-necked Phalarope » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:40 pm

fleurdelivre wrote:Perhaps the most fun thing about Prison Bowl was never having to leave my room - packets in PDF, scoresheets in Excel, stats-entering via Taft, protest-resolution through IRC...same amount of time, none of the running around. I would be pretty happy if more TDs set up this way...
I ran the MLA Open more or less along these lines, though I emailed packets out after each round and gave scorekeepers a bunch of paper scoresheets at the start of the day. Aside from a couple of Internet hiccups (our first time using that building), things went smoothly and moderator reaction was pretty positive.

Short version: I concur.
Brice Russ
East Forsyth '04
UNC '08
Ohio State '13