CC Predictions 09-10

Old college threads.
49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Jim Sims indicated that there's a good chance CCCT will be in Mobile this year, and I believe at Spring Hill College.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

wd4gdz
Tidus
Posts: 739
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by wd4gdz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:43 am

Chipola is definitely the best CC this year. Everyone else is fighting for second.
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:59 am

wd4gdz wrote:Chipola is definitely the best CC this year. Everyone else is fighting for second.
Nothing against the guys at Chipola, but I'll have to respectfully disagree. Do I think Valencia is best? Or Northeast? Or Snead? No, I do not think there is a clear cut "Best" CC team. At the Faulkner Tourney, Snead beat Chipola A, but lost to Chipola B, and that was without me. Do I think they would've beaten Chipola B had I been there? I can only speculate on that. Northeast played Chipola in a close championship game at Gulf Shores, and had a couple bad rounds at Delta Burke, which Chipola did end up winning. I don't mean to sound like a jackass or anything, but I really don't think we'll have a "Best CC" team because as the year has shown, Chipola/Valencia/Northeast/Snead among others are all contenders with each always having the dangerous chance of beating another. There are also mid-tier teams such as Jeff State and Faulkner who are capable of excelling, which they showed against us at Jasper's Delta Burke mirror. I had thought by this point we may have somewhat of a clear view of who may win the CCCT, but honestly I don't. However, I will forecast that it will be one of the most competitive years for the CC Circuit. Having Dallin and Ethan on the same team will definitely make Chipola a contender, but Northeast counters with Casey and company, Valencia with their guys (Sorry forgot names), and Snead also looks to have a competitive team assuming myself and our science guy continue to improve, same going for Justin and Amanda. It's just going to depend on what team gets the momentum.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

User avatar
Frater Taciturnus
Auron
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:26 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Frater Taciturnus » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

Also you really never know who is going to suddenly pop out of nowhere, and with the controlled difficulty of 90% of CC tournaments, it can be really easy for one or two guys to knuckle down blow everyone else away.
George Berry
georgeberry.vcu@gmail.com
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 am

Are they going to post stats from Bevill's mirror?
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:39 am

I'll try to remember to e-mail Bobo today and see if he can't post them or send them to someone who could.

EDIT: Assuming Bobo can't upload stats, who should I ask him to send them to?
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am

An example of the person coming from nowhere is Mark from Seminole CC, whom I briefly referenced upthread. He went 70-12 at Delta Burke in what I assume is his first college tournament (though I'm not sure--I didn't get to read for Seminole). Who knows how much improvement such a player might make between now and February if he's gotten the bug and seen how good he can be?

Besides, as I'm sure Ethan et al would agree, Valencia's match with them could've turned on a a couple negs we got, including at least one which Chipola didn't convert afterward and which we would've gotten had Andrew not been, well, Andrew. This takes nothing away from Chipola, of course, who deserves the front-runner status now. But the rest of us will continue to sharpen our knives!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:57 am

ValenciaQBowl wrote:An example of the person coming from nowhere is Mark from Seminole CC, whom I briefly referenced upthread. He went 70-12 at Delta Burke in what I assume is his first college tournament (though I'm not sure--I didn't get to read for Seminole). Who knows how much improvement such a player might make between now and February if he's gotten the bug and seen how good he can be?

Besides, as I'm sure Ethan et al would agree, Valencia's match with them could've turned on a a couple negs we got, including at least one which Chipola didn't convert afterward and which we would've gotten had Andrew not been, well, Andrew. This takes nothing away from Chipola, of course, who deserves the front-runner status now. But the rest of us will continue to sharpen our knives!
Completely agreed, but there were two negs I had that I knew the answer to and simply said the wrong name (one of which is going into the bad negs thread) which Valenica converted on. If given one hundred more chances on those two tossups, I am fairly certain I would say the correct answer 100 times, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator
Posts: 5522
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:33 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Important Bird Area » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Mark wrote:Jim Sims indicated that there's a good chance CCCT will be in Mobile this year, and I believe at Spring Hill College.
This is one of several sites we're considering, but we have not made a final decision. So please don't make travel plans just yet.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred

5m0k3
Kimahri
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 5m0k3 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Frater Taciturnus wrote:Also you really never know who is going to suddenly pop out of nowhere, and with the controlled difficulty of 90% of CC tournaments, it can be really easy for one or two guys to knuckle down blow everyone else away.
How very true. It's difficult to make predictions until sectionals, for exactly that reason. Last year, with you, is a prime example.

However, I must say, Chipola does look great this year. After two consecutive runner-up finishes at Nationals, I can't help but think they want it more than any other team. That is certainly an important factor to consider.

wd4gdz
Tidus
Posts: 739
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by wd4gdz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Mark wrote:
wd4gdz wrote:Chipola is definitely the best CC this year. Everyone else is fighting for second.
Nothing against the guys at Chipola, but I'll have to respectfully disagree. Do I think Valencia is best? Or Northeast? Or Snead? No, I do not think there is a clear cut "Best" CC team. At the Faulkner Tourney, Snead beat Chipola A, but lost to Chipola B, and that was without me.
Any chance Chipola split their best players up at this tournament?
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU

User avatar
Quizzical
Lulu
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Quizzical » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 pm

ValenciaQBowl wrote:Certainly Chipola has made a statement about its desire to get a long-awaited CC national title this spring. Their Blue team and NE Alabama and Valencia were significantly better than the rest of the CC field at Delta Burke, though NE did lose a RR game to a surprising Seminole CC team which has a strong new player.
Chris: Northeast was delighted to be able to make its first appearance (ever!) at Delta Burke in Orlando. Casey Lowery's individual performance award was icing on the cake. Thanks so much for a warm welcome to a fun tourney in a really fun city. We had a blast. We look forward to doing it again next year. Congratulations to everybody!!!!!!
Daphne Huntley/NACC
(Northeast Ala. Comm. College)
huntleyd@nacc.edu

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 pm

wd4gdz wrote:
Mark wrote:
wd4gdz wrote:Chipola is definitely the best CC this year. Everyone else is fighting for second.
Nothing against the guys at Chipola, but I'll have to respectfully disagree. Do I think Valencia is best? Or Northeast? Or Snead? No, I do not think there is a clear cut "Best" CC team. At the Faulkner Tourney, Snead beat Chipola A, but lost to Chipola B, and that was without me.
Any chance Chipola split their best players up at this tournament?
I do know for a fact Ethan was on A and Dallin on B, so I would say they did, but Snead was also without their best player.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:33 pm

I think this will all get settled at CCCT.
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 pm

CodyPickens wrote:I think this will all get settled at CCCT.
Yes it shall. There really is no excuse to be made. We all know that Snead beat us at Faulkner without their best player, and that does point towards Snead's ability. In our defense, it was our worst round of the day and the things tossed up that round just did not fall our way, but that tends to happen when you play a good team. At Delta Burke, we had outstanding stats and won, but this does not translate into who is the better team as Snead won the mirror at Bevill and I am sure they had good stats. Even though our stats are rather imressive, Snead still has a 1-0 edge over us (as does Northeast) and that can not be ignored. This can only be settled in a head to head match, and that (probably) won't happen again until CCCT. Until then, we shall continue to study hard and try to take our level up a notch, as I am sure everyone at Snead, Northeast, and Valencia will be doing.
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 am

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:
CodyPickens wrote:I think this will all get settled at CCCT.
Yes it shall. There really is no excuse to be made. We all know that Snead beat us at Faulkner without their best player, and that does point towards Snead's ability. In our defense, it was our worst round of the day and the things tossed up that round just did not fall our way, but that tends to happen when you play a good team. At Delta Burke, we had outstanding stats and won, but this does not translate into who is the better team as Snead won the mirror at Bevill and I am sure they had good stats. Even though our stats are rather imressive, Snead still has a 1-0 edge over us (as does Northeast) and that can not be ignored. This can only be settled in a head to head match, and that (probably) won't happen again until CCCT. Until then, we shall continue to study hard and try to take our level up a notch, as I am sure everyone at Snead, Northeast, and Valencia will be doing.
Speaking of CCCT and as Chris spoke of in an earlier post, any idea when we may know where the tournament will be? We figured out where our Sectional will be (Jeff State I believe), of course it had to be changed from the original location at Wallace State due to a math tournament.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:32 am

This seems to be the big question from everyone involved with the CCCT. Early speculation has Mobile as the host city, but that is simply a rumor.

I am hoping for Mobile, as Lambert's is on the way :grin:
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:41 am

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:This seems to be the big question from everyone involved with the CCCT. Early speculation has Mobile as the host city, but that is simply a rumor.

I am hoping for Mobile, as Lambert's is on the way :grin:
As sad as it is to say, especially living in Alabama, my family has seemingly ALWAYS managed to not go to Lambert's everytime we venture into that area. I will force Mr. Scott to change this if the host city is in Mobile.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 am

Dude, I was blown away. It combines sports (throwed rolls!) with large helpings of awesome food. Damn I may just take a road trip this weekend lol
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Figured I'd post the results from the LBW-Greenville Tourney

1st-Snead 10-0
2nd-NACC 9-1
3rd-NW Florida - 8-2

Pensacola JC also came to the tournament. I must say I was very impressed by NW Florida's performance, they are a good team. The final with Northeast was very exciting as well, which we narrowly won 250-230
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm

CCCT just got a lot more interesting with the addition of Charles Hang of St. Charles/WUSTL/who the hell knows.
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Yeah. Dude had some mad stats up at the KS sectional.

We've had some bad rounds this year against some really tough teams, but after a few adjustments and the performance at sectionals, I know that we can hang with any team out there. If I had to take a stab now at who's going to be in the finals at the CCCT, I would have to say Chipola, Snead, apparently St. Charles, and NACC would fill out a semifinal bracket with Chipola and NACC meeting in the final. With that said, If Snead or Charles Hang has a good round, they could take easily take one of if not both of our places. I know that we haven't seen another team that will be competing at the CCCT on the same level as Snead or Chipola. I'm basing my opinion on St. Charles from one tournament, so if anybody else has anything to add, please do.
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Ooh, that post is so going on our bulletin board, Casey. I'm going to make Andrew Levin read it out loud every damn day!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:47 pm

ValenciaQBowl wrote:Ooh, that post is so going on our bulletin board, Casey. I'm going to make Andrew Levin read it out loud every damn day!
Valencia is always a contender. The top bracket will be tough to survive at CCCT.
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Anything to help you out Chris.
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 pm

CaseRAR wrote:Anything to help you out Chris.
Hmmm. I have tried to avoid downing any team, so I am going to gracefully bow out of this discussion. I am flattered that every CC prediction has Chipola in the finals though.
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Brindlee Mountain, Alabama

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm going to go all John Madden and make a bold prediction that the winning team will be the one who answers more toss-ups than the other team.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19

User avatar
dtaylor4
Auron
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:43 am

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by dtaylor4 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Mark wrote:I'm going to go all John Madden and make a bold prediction that the winning team will be the one who answers more toss-ups than the other team.
Too bad there are bonuses in quizbowl...

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Mark wrote:I'm going to go all John Madden and make a bold prediction that IF ONE TEAM GETS ALL THE TOSSUPS IN ONE ROUND THEY WILL WIN
Fixed
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Anything to help you out Chris
Awesome--then I'm also going to tell him that you said Chopin sucks and his mom is ugly!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

wd4gdz
Tidus
Posts: 739
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by wd4gdz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Frater Taciturnus wrote:Also you really never know who is going to suddenly pop out of nowhere
so true
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 pm

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:I am flattered that every CC prediction has Chipola in the finals though.
Too bad no one has us winning.
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm

wd4gdz wrote:
Frater Taciturnus wrote:Also you really never know who is going to suddenly pop out of nowhere
so true
Who knew George Berry doubled as a fortune teller?
CodyPickens wrote:
TheLessFamousEthan wrote:I am flattered that every CC prediction has Chipola in the finals though.
Too bad no one has us winning.
It is because you are on the team
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 am

No need to bring the mothers into this. I meant no offense to Andrew or any of the other CC teams. Andrew is a great player, and I give him major props for playing by himself at Dallas last year. How much longer are you going to have him?


PS: You don't have put this on the bulletin board
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:24 am

CaseRAR wrote:No need to bring the mothers into this. I meant no offense to Andrew or any of the other CC teams. Andrew is a great player, and I give him major props for playing by himself at Dallas last year. How much longer are you going to have him?


PS: You don't have put this on the bulletin board
Someone is regretting their previous statement...
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:06 am

I'm just teasing you, Casey. I think the four you predicted as a possible final four is a reasonable bet. And we are trying to replace two of the starters (Mercedes and Nolan) we had for Delta Burke. But I'm savagely driving them for the next four weeks.

Andrew's going to Florida International down in Miami after this semester to study piano. He's persistent enough to maybe get a team going there, even if it's just him. He'd probably prefer it, as he can then feel more free to play at his natural 10/8 TU-neg ratio.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Not regrets at all. Just thought I'd clarify.
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 pm

CaseRAR wrote:Not regrets at all. Just thought I'd clarify.
So you don't think Valencia is good enough to beat you? How brave Casey. How brave...
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Now you're on the bulletin board, Hewett.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 pm

ValenciaQBowl wrote:Now you're on the bulletin board, Hewett.
Hey hey hey. I was simply clarifying what Casey said. I know that if Andrew has a round with fewer than 14 negs we could be in trouble.
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:
CaseRAR wrote:Not regrets at all. Just thought I'd clarify.
So you don't think Valencia is good enough to beat you? How brave Casey. How brave...

Surely you wouldn't put words in my mouth Ethan, not you.

I didn't say that Valencia couldn't beat us you ass. I just think that we currently have a slight edge.

Also I must say that for someone that claimed to be taking a back seat in this discussion, you've been stoking this fire like a pro.
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee
Posts: 5640
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Good Call......
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 pm

CCCT drama! We've finally hit the big time!

CC quizbowl has gotten more attention in the last five days than in the history of this forum!

PS--Mark, say something mean about Dallin; let's keep this thing rolling.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm

ValenciaQBowl wrote:CCCT drama! We've finally hit the big time!

CC quizbowl has gotten more attention in the last five days than in the history of this forum!

PS--Mark, say something mean about Dallin; let's keep this thing rolling.
Insider tip: call Dallin the One Armed Bandit
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Information on 2010 CCCT at Chipola College.

http://naqt.com/cc/2010/ccct/details.html
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
CaseRAR
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by CaseRAR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Wow! Cody you completely killed this thread...
Casey Lowery,
Northeast Alabama Community College
Brindlee Mountain High School '08

User avatar
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: CC Predictionhttp://hsquizbowl.org/forums/posting.phps 09-10

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

I guess to revive this thread I could post my predictions for which 6 teams will make the ICT from the CCCT and the top 12 (or so) players I think will receive individual awards (in no particular order).

Teams Receiving ICT Bids
Chipola College A
Snead State
Northeast Alabama A
St. Charles B
Valencia A
Central Florida A

Top 12 Individuals
Ethan Hewett
Dallin Kelson
Charles Hang
Mark Morris
Casey Lowery
Andrew Levin
Cord Pack
Russell Harrison
Chris Pannier
Jennifer Giehl
Chris Muto
Cody Pickens
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009

1979 Sugar Bowl
Lulu
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: CC Predictionhttp://hsquizbowl.org/forums/posting.phps 09-10

Post by 1979 Sugar Bowl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

International Community Radio Taipei wrote:I guess to revive this thread I could post my predictions for which 6 teams will make the ICT from the CCCT and the top 12 (or so) players I think will receive individual awards (in no particular order)!

Teams Receiving ICT Bids
Chipola College A
Snead State
Northeast Alabama A
St. Charles B
Valencia A
Central Florida A
I don't think that Seminole or Broward should be overlooked for an ICT bid. I guess it all depends on how everyone is bracketed.
Cody Pickens
Chipola College '10
University of Florida '12

User avatar
ValenciaQBowl
Auron
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: CC Predictions 09-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Top 12 Individuals
Ethan Hewett
Dallin Kelson
No particular order, eh! BULLETIN BOARD!!!

Fortunately, we spent three hours of Wednesday's practice covering tactical formations used by Prokop the Great in his loss at the Battle of Lipany, with special emphasis on distinguishing his efforts from those of the lame Prokop the Lesser, so we're ready!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah

Locked