Prelim talk about two Harvard tournaments

Old college threads.
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Prelim talk about two Harvard tournaments

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Okay, so last year we ran T-Party and Harvard International, right?

So the typical T-Party weekend would be cutting into finals this year for us, and probably is the same way for everyone else. So that date might not be the best, right? Anyone interested in a spring date? Last year's TIT weekend springs to mind as a candidate; other recommendations are good. If you're still interested in the fall date (12/5), I'd like to see some interest (preferably, packet-submitting interest) here, merely because the tournament won't work if we have to write seven editors packets again.

Also: using last year's HI date seems a little silly given the opportunity to change. Since FICHTE isn't happening this year (so far as I can divine), we'd be happy to take that weekend for an analogous event. It would probably be styled to a "Fake ACF" rather than a "Fake ICT" (and if anyone can come up with a nice acronym for that, feel free). Also, it will have better science than last year's.

Comment, please, on these various plans.
Andrew Watkins
Sir Thopas
Auron

Re: Prelim talk about two Harvard tournaments

Post by Sir Thopas »

Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:Also, it will have better science than last year's.
better always = harder right
Guy Tabachnick
Hunter '09
Brown '13

http://memoryofthisimpertinence.blogspot.com/
BuzzerZen
Auron

Post by BuzzerZen »

I would attend and write a packet for the 12/5 T-Party date. Teams with me on them are packet-required by most reckonings this year, and since I dunno if I'll really have teammates this year yet, anything that spreads my limited packet-writing wherewithal more evenly across the school year is good with me. By which I mean, it seems like there's a lot of tournaments that happen in January-March, and having one in December instead would be, uh, congenial I guess.
Evan Silberman
Hampshire College 07F

How are you actually reading one of my posts?
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

December 5 seems pretty good to me, but then I don't have to take finals.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
DakarKra
Wakka

Post by DakarKra »

I can make no promises that Rutgers would come, but attempts could be made for any proposed weekend, though December would be the preferred time for T-Party for us. Also, if we're coming, we're writing a packet. What kind of a submission schedule would you be looking at for a 12/5 tournament?
Jeremy
Rutgers-New Brunswick
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

The standard schedule that ACF uses, i.e. -$50 for eight weeks before (10/10), -$25 for six weeks before (10/24), no penalty for four weeks before (11/7), +$25 for three weeks before (11/14), +$50 for two weeks before (11/21), and after that, twenty-four hour extensions at a cost of $10 each.
Andrew Watkins