TRASH Regionals 2009 - Locations

Old college threads.
mcoen
Lulu

TRASH Regionals 2009 - Locations

Post by mcoen »

TRASH is happy to announce the following hosts for its 2009 regional tournaments:

Boston University will host the Northeast Regional on Saturday, November 7. The contact person for the event is Danielle Nahmias (buquizbowl at gmail dot com)

Virginia Commonwealth University will host the Mid-Atlantic Regional on Sunday, November 8. The contact person is Matt Weiner (mattweiner.vcu at gmail dot com)

Cedar Shoals High School will host the Southeast Regional on Sunday, November 8. The contact person is Robin Richards (cedarquizjags at yahoo dot com)

The University of Toronto will host the Canadian Regional on Saturday, November 8. The contact is Rick (nosetackle2005 at rogers dot com)

The University of Michigan will host the Great Lakes Regional on Sunday, November 8. The contact email is qbtriumvirate at umich dot edu

The University of Oklahoma will host the Southwest Regional on Saturday, November 7. The contact person is Brian Morrow (bmorrow at ou dot edu)

The University of Washington will host the Pacific Northwest Regional on Sunday, November 22. The contact person is Mike Bentley (uwquizbowl at gmail dot com)

We are still accepting bids for areas not yet covered by an existing tournament, so if you are interested in hosting please contact me at mcoen_bu at yahoo dot com.
Mark Coen
TRASH
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Re: TRASH Regionals 2009 - Locations

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

mcoen wrote:Boston University will host the Northeast Regional on Saturday, November 7. The contact person for the event is Danielle Nahmias (buquizbowl at gmail dot com)
Hey, could this be hosted on a Sunday instead of scheduled directly against an academic tournament? Thanks!
Andrew Watkins
MicroEStudent
Rikku

Post by MicroEStudent »

mcoen wrote: The University of Toronto will host the Canadian Regional on Saturday, November 8. The contact is Rick (nosetackle2005 at rogers dot com)
Is this on Saturday, November 7th or Sunday November 8th?
Nathaniel Kane
RIT '09, '11 (BS Microelectronic Engineering, MS Microelectronic Engineering)
Not That Kind of Christian!!
Yuna

Post by Not That Kind of Christian!! »

Norman the Lunatic wrote:
mcoen wrote:Boston University will host the Northeast Regional on Saturday, November 7. The contact person for the event is Danielle Nahmias (buquizbowl at gmail dot com)
Hey, could this be hosted on a Sunday instead of scheduled directly against an academic tournament? Thanks!
If this is changed to Sunday, I can say with approximately 85% certainty that Brandeis will send a team.
Hannah Kirsch
Brandeis University 2010
NYU School of Medicine 2014

"Wow, those Scandinavians completely thorbjorned my hard-earned political capital."
daniellan
Lulu

Post by daniellan »

Boston University is changing our hosting date to November 8th.
Daniella Nahmias, President BU Quiz Bowl
Daniella Nahmias
BU Quiz Bowl
mcoen
Lulu

Post by mcoen »

MicroEStudent wrote:
mcoen wrote: The University of Toronto will host the Canadian Regional on Saturday, November 8. The contact is Rick (nosetackle2005 at rogers dot com)
Is this on Saturday, November 7th or Sunday November 8th?
Sorry, that's Saturday the 7th.

Mark
Mark Coen
TRASH
steinmasta
Kimahri

Post by steinmasta »

mcoen wrote:The University of Toronto will host the Canadian Regional on Saturday, November 8. The contact is Rick (nosetackle2005 at rogers dot com)
University of Rochester quiz bowl team is interested in sending at least one team.
Eric Merenstein
President, University of Rochester Quiz Bowl
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Not that it's overly feasible, but is there any chance this will be run anywhere in the Upper Midwest?
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Cheynem wrote:Not that it's overly feasible, but is there any chance this will be run anywhere in the Upper Midwest?
It's at Michigan the day after, as far as I know, we're attending FIST at Michigan. The ten-hour drive may preclude us staying, though.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??
Member, ACF
Member, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Yeah, that's why I was asking--I wasn't even sure if I was going to FIST.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Cheynem wrote:Yeah, that's why I was asking--I wasn't even sure if I was going to FIST.
A-ha!
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??
Member, ACF
Member, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Cheynem wrote:Yeah, that's why I was asking--I wasn't even sure if I was going to FIST, though I was certain that I would write a packet for it.
You have such a good attitude!
Andrew Watkins
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Oh hey, if I don't end up going, I can write some freelance stuff for FIST, much like I did with T-Party last year, if that's what you're getting at.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Cheynem wrote:Oh hey, if I don't end up going, I can write some freelance stuff for FIST, much like I did with T-Party last year, if that's what you're getting at.
While it's always best to keep the mirror fees flowing into my coffers, questions are better than no questions!
Andrew Watkins